SASS Wire Forum

Winter solstice

Rye Miles #13621

Winter Solstice 2022: The First Day of Winter
The Winter Solstice, or more commonly known as the "First Day of Winter," is the day with the fewest hours of sunlight in the whole year, making it the “shortest day” of the year. Thankfully, after we reach the winter solstice, the days begin to once again grow longer and longer until we reach the summer solstice — the first day of summer and the longest day of the year.
Think of it this way: Although the winter solstice means the start of winter, it also means the return of more sunlight. It only gets brighter from here!

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

99 days until MLB opening day!

Go Cards!

i like your half full attitude , but the days cant get longer fast enough for me , im not a holiday person , im not a winter person , i need my summertime daylight and the sooner the better 

37 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

By any rational measure "The First Day of Winter" is really Mid-winter.   The real first day of a season is between the Solstice and the Equinox.

100% agree with that.
Dunno why they teach the manure in public school that June 21 is the first day of summer, when it is actually High Summer.
Same as December 21 is Mid-Winter.

15 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:
Winter Solstice 2022: The First Day of Winter
The Winter Solstice, or more commonly known as the "First Day of Winter," is the day with the fewest hours of sunlight in the whole year, making it the “shortest day” of the year. Thankfully, after we reach the winter solstice, the days begin to once again grow longer and longer until we reach the summer solstice — the first day of summer and the longest day of the year.
Think of it this way: Although the winter solstice means the start of winter, it also means the return of more sunlight. It only gets brighter from here!

The days might be getting longer....But I bet you are still freezing your bunnies off...

Texas Lizard

It is said we are go to be hitting close to 80 on Christmas Day...OK maybe high 70s....

I agree it’s colder before the Winter solstice and hotter before the summer solstice but it’s all about the position of the earth with the sun. 
I’m trying to think positive here with a winter storm coming this weekend!:angry:

Archived