SASS Wire Forum

Bob Hope & Dean Martin on the Tonight Show

Chantry

He had his own show too. My mom’s favorite. 
I have fond memories of the Tonight Show. There has never been anything approaching it. :wub:

ill add dittos to both , dean was my moms favorite crooner , one of my fathers favorite actos as well as mine , we all three found jonny the best ....never been anyone that could replace him , 

ill add that bob hope was also a favorite - found that opening topic interesting , given the current sate of affairs ...maybe thats why this one has been available ? 

Thanks Chantry. That was great! :lol:
I have always liked Dean Martin. Funny funny man. 

Man, O’Man did I have a thing for Angie Dickinson. It was nice seeing her too. :wub:

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Thanks Chantry. That was great! :lol:
I have always liked Dean Martin. Funny funny man. 

Man, O’Man did I have a thing for Angie Dickinson. It was nice seeing her too. :wub:

They broke the moulds when these guys passed.  Oh, was I in love with "Feathers".  And that scene in Rio Bravo with Deano and Ricky Nelson and the Duke and Walter Brennan was classic.

The bride and I used to stay up every night to watch The Tonight Show when Johnny had it, in the seventies especially. Now I can't even imagine how we could stay up that late every weekday night!

Nobody now can touch those guys....

12 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

The bride and I used to stay up every night to watch The Tonight Show when Johnny had it, in the seventies especially. Now I can't even imagine how we could stay up that late every weekday night!

Nobody now can touch those guys....

To my mind Craig Ferguson was the last of the funny talk show hosts.   You can find a lot clips and sometimes entire shows on YouTube

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late_Late_Show_with_Craig_Ferguson

Archived