SASS Wire Forum

Baby Backs!

Utah Bob #35998

Rubbed and ready for the heat!!:wub:

8BE8305B-34C3-448F-88AD-10DA5A33068B.jpeg

Lobster ravioli and a good homemade red sauce tonight!

Imported Italian sausage, fresh onion, bell pepper, grated fresh garlic, fresh tomato.  Cooking down as I write this!!

The house is smelling REALLY good. And still over an hour to go! :wacko:

2 hours in the oven and 30 minutes on the charcoal grill. I’ll stack my ribs up agin anybody’s. 
Ate half. The rest will make fine samiches and tacos! :wub:

EDED11C0-95F7-471E-A376-0C342560B169.jpeg

I picked up a pack of 3 today. I put mine in an offset smoker for a couple hours or so then finish on a grill. I've  started cutting chunks of oak and almond firewood. I'll start with briquettes but they've gotten so expensive I'm adding the wood chunks instead of briquettes to keep it going.

I yam SO jealous...!

I was at Boy Scout Camp today for the "special Friday Visitor Day" steak dinner.

Good Lord...  :huh:

I made a couple pounds of jerky last week and wished I'd brought some along.  This so-called "steak" so tough I couldn't cut it - literally had to pick it up and gnaw off chunks that seemed to turn into wood chips and sawdust when chewed.  The math professor and her husband I was sharing a table with were fairly astonished; evidently theirs were tender and juicy.  

But the salad - iceberg lettuce only, drenched with ranch dressing - at least made a good (and necessary) chaser.  ;)

10 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

At our local Safeway baby back are $7+ per pound. A rack is 25 to 30 bucks. The 3 pack I bought at Costco was $3.49 and I got 3 racks for $32.

Nearest Costco here is 105 miles. 

I used to look for bbq joints when I was staying somewhere out of town. I'd check them out and look at reviews. Disappointed almost everytime. And I'm not Mr. Picky either. I got ribs from one place, highly touted, took the rack of ribs back to the motel, mush. Ate a couple and tossed the rest.

Now I've got it down doing them myself, really good. I'll also smoke and grill bell peppers and zucchini. 

Archived