SASS Wire Forum

Amidst the tragedy of war.... perhaps a spot of humor

Purely a matter of perspective, I suppose.  But I found a smile or two here:  :)

Maybe it's just me, but if a guy on a tractor drove up and latched onto my tank, and started trying to drive off with it - I believe I would shoot him. I mean - I am a soldier, right? Doesn't that mean I've got a gun?

simular to a bayonet....if thier close enough to stab, thier  close enough to shoot...

32 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Maybe it's just me, but if a guy on a tractor drove up and latched onto my tank, and started trying to drive off with it - I believe I would shoot him. I mean - I am a soldier, right? Doesn't that mean I've got a gun?

I've heard that the Ukrainian's essentially cut them off from the Russian supply lines.  When the tanks and whatever other vehicles ran out of fuel, the crews didn't stick around... they wisely bailed out and tried to save themselves ~ to heck with a worthless, immobile pile of iron, at best a target as long as they're in it.  :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

If I recall correctly all that gear had been abandoned when bogged down by распу́тица. I've seen it described as "spectacularly gloppy mud that is most of a continent wide, most of a continent long, and most of a continent deep."

Lots of abandoned equipment there. I saw a middle launcher abandoned in a field with no battle damage to it. Either broke down or out of fuel. That wouldn’t happen in a well trained army with logistical support and competent leadership.

8 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That wouldn’t happen in a well trained army with logistical support and competent leadership.

I think the leadership was expecting a limited three day war and didn't plan for longer.

4 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I think the leadership was expecting a limited three day war and didn't plan for longer.

Somebody flunked "Contingency Planning 101."  :rolleyes:

It’s convenient when the enemy uses the same weapons. No surprises and plenty of opportunities.

Especially if they are poorly led.

I wonder if the Army is giving the farmers the same deal they are giving Russian soldiers that take their tanks and surrender themselves and the tank to the Ukrainian Army?

Read they are paying the equivalent of $10,000 US 

13 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

They can even get spare parts from the planes they bring down.

Well, small ones maybe. ;)

Archived