SASS Wire Forum

Cheap Calico Loading Bags for the Loading Table

Buckshot Bear

I bought a pack of 50 of these calico bags, but the seller sells smaller packs.

Really thick quality calico, draw string and well sewn and cheap.

We've used them 4 times now and great for taking to the LT and stuffing in a pocket and then putting empties in a the ULT. I've got enough that I just have them filled and the family (6 of us) just grabs a bag and they know that there's 20 in there (and they have some on their belts).

Thought the idea might help someone else -

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/384283948428?var=652671532487

20220326_135908_resized.thumb.jpg.2c7406a02fe05df22996daa7ac9ebc44.jpg

20220326_135911_resized.thumb.jpg.ae0e25ab1e17f1b1cea369b484f01e4e.jpg

20220326_135914_resized.thumb.jpg.1c839e03068e78bb713d6ec4c7b9de43.jpg

20220326_135924_resized.thumb.jpg.f4f7c7a3f62c0f59d2365339fb4bfbe8.jpg

those look nice , i wish id seen this post a couple years ago before i bought leather ones at a high price , hope these catch on , i may actually think on these in the future for grandkids if i can get them more motivated 

26 minutes ago, watab kid said:

those look nice , i wish id seen this post a couple years ago before i bought leather ones at a high price , hope these catch on , i may actually think on these in the future for grandkids if i can get them more motivated 

They have really simplified and streamlined it for our family, we have a large bag that hangs off our gun cart and the bags with empties just get deposited in there after coming from the ULT. 

i already do that as well with the main bag on the cart , these look like a real nice single stage solution , 

what i paid track of the wolf for the leather ones i use is probably considerably more than those would be and i rather like the clothe actually - at one time i had a cloth one but i wore it out - it was one of those thin parts bags we used to see when we bought tooling - im showing my age , , 

i can see where it might really be beneficial to a family shooting together - im always alone and im pretty set in my ways these days , but if i get some grandkids shooting with me [i have six] maybe ill need some of these , , 

Not sure where I found them but have a good supply of Crown Royal bags in various sizes hanging on my cart     GW

Bags are a pain.

I use a loading block that clips to my gunbelt and have a leather pouch on the belt too to put the empties in, including shotgun hulls.

Load the guns straight from the block don't have to count anything out either.

I make and sell these, $35.00

Loading Blocks (2).JPG

Loading Blocks.JPG

The minature Crown bags are great for ear plugs too,     GW

16 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

BB, I have been doing similar for a few years.  I use little velvet drawstring bags in various colors. 

Work so easily and great in bulk when you're supplying 6 people with ammo like I do at a shoot.

Our son made us bags, his being  one color and mine another color. We set up the bags the day before a shoot and have one for each of the stages. So we take a bag to the loading table with us. Then after we get done on the stage we use the empty bag to put our empty brass into and hang it from a hook on our cart. They work great.

7 hours ago, Elkhorn Ernie said:

Our son made us bags, his being  one color and mine another color. We set up the bags the day before a shoot and have one for each of the stages. So we take a bag to the loading table with us. Then after we get done on the stage we use the empty bag to put our empty brass into and hang it from a hook on our cart. They work great.

That's what we do, makes the day go so smoothly. 

Just now, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

all my socks have holes in the toes

When one gets a hole, usually right heel, I toss it.  I buy the same brand and color for wear under boots, so they eventually get used up, odd or even.

Archived