SASS Wire Forum

Girl Scout cookies

Rye Miles #13621

I bought a couple boxes of Girl Scout cookies, thin mints. There’s 2 sleeves of 16 cookies so that’s 32 cookies in a box.  I could swear there was more last time I bought them!

Well I ate one whole sleeve already !! They still taste just as good !:)

I haven't bought Girl Scout cookies since the organization went on their all out Second Amendment attacks awhile back.  When they change their political attacks on the Second Amendment I will buy some again.   I don't support organizations that attack what I support.

6 minutes ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

I haven't bought Girl Scout cookies since the organization went on their all out Second Amendment attacks awhile back.  When they change their political attacks on the Second Amendment I will buy some again.   I don't support organizations that attack what I support.

I agree with you and I’m usually like that but it’s not the little girls fault so I made an exception !

55 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I bought a couple boxes of Girl Scout cookies, thin mints. There’s 2 sleeves of 16 cookies so that’s 32 cookies in a box.  I could swear there was more last time I bought them!

Yes...they cost more, and the cookies are smaller. Each sleeve is also shorter.

28 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Yes...they cost more, and the cookies are smaller. Each sleeve is also shorter.

I thought so, thanks for verifying that!

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It’s called shrinkflation.

A "half gallon"- looking container  of ice cream is 1-1/2 qts now. 

A 2-liter-looking soft drink bottle is 1.6 L. 

The dispensing hole in a tooth paste tube is almost twice the size it used to be.  Question why.  

That's one of the main reasons we quit buying them a few years ago. The other was they either changed who they purchased theor cookies from or the recipes were changed because in addition to more cost, fewer cookies, they didn't taste near as good. Have been known to hand the girls some money but refuse the cookies. Confuses the heck out of them.

9 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Two different bakeries supply the cookies, could be the reason for a different taste but I’d expect quality control to catch that.

Each bakery has their own recipe and names for each type of cookie. It is my understanding that troops get to determine which bakery they get their cookies from.

On 3/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It's a health move. 

There are fewer cookies, so when you eat a whole sleeve, it is a lot healthier for you! :lol:

Archived