SASS Wire Forum

Duelist times

Johnny Knight

Hi Johnny, Welcome to the sport! In my club I usually only have one other person to compare with too. We both shoot CC smokeless. I shoot duelist and he shoots double duelist. He's been in it a lot longer than me and he is my mentor. on my best stage he will get me by at least 10 seconds. I watch him close and where he kills me is gun handling, smooth fluent rifle and most of all, shotgun handling. I love duelist shooting and know that these areas are what's hurting me. Just by working on my shotgun handling alone, I've been able to get my times from the 40s down in the 30s area on a good stage. Enjoy Cowboy! Happy Trails!

That big lump of a young fella ' Pecos Nick ' is a very good duellist..those pistols just look & fit like an extra piece of his arm. I ran into him a few years back at WR, think he is studying with college etc these days & not shooting as much. Look up his video's..you'll be impressed..double duellist & quick   ;)

2 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

That big lump of a young fella ' Pecos Nick ' is a very good duellist..those pistols just look & fit like an extra piece of his arm. I ran into him a few years back at WR, think he is studying with college etc these days & not shooting as much. Look up his video's..you'll be impressed..double duellist & quick   ;)

I met Nick at EOT, he’s the fastest duelist I ever saw! His transitions are something to watch.

Randy

2 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

I used to be able to hold my own around these parts...........................then Nick showed up.  No man should get beat the way he used to beat me. Thanks for triggering my PTSD. :wacko:

P.S.  To make Nick's accomplishments even more impressive, he did it all with 45s. No mouse farts for him. 

Sounds like quite a few folks I have to look forward to meeting!  It's good to hear from folks who enjoy shooting duelist.  From the little experience I've had so far, it's been interesting to see what categories folks like to shoot in.  As a new shooter, there were a couple of categories that sounded the most intriguing, but I ended up settling on duelist.  I wonder to what extent there is a 'type' for each category of shooter....

15 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

You never saw John Wayne or Clint Eastwood use two hands.  Besides, Duelist is coolest. :D

Does that make Double Duelist super coolest? B)

Yes. Pecos Nick.

He could flat out shoot.

But sadly like so many other young great shooters.

Once they hit college. They stop shooting. Hope some of them come

back later.  

5 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I met Nick at EOT, he’s the fastest duelist I ever saw! His transitions are something to watch.

Randy

Agree.  Awesome shooter and nice guy to boot.

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

Yep. I spent a couple hours on the phone a few times with him a year into me shooting duelist. Nothing but helpful. 

Wait!  WHAT?  You're shooting Duelist?  And you got advice from Pecos Nick?  Crap, there goes my PTSD again. :wacko:

11 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Heck, I'm just trying to catch up to Hud.

That's a good goal.

Don't get to see him near enough.

55 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

Wait!  WHAT?  You're shooting Duelist?  And you got advice from Pecos Nick?  Crap, there goes my PTSD again. :wacko:

I'm an advice hog. I take it from whoever will give it. Heck, I've probably even taken advice from you!

6 hours ago, Anvil Al #59168 said:

Yes. Pecos Nick.

He could flat out shoot.

But sadly like so many other young great shooters.

Once they hit college. They stop shooting. Hope some of them come

back later.  

A lot of these young shooters are great until the fumes get them, gas fumes and perfume!

Randy

11 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

I used to be able to hold my own around these parts...........................then Nick showed up.  No man should get beat the way he used to beat me. Thanks for triggering my PTSD. :wacko:

P.S.  To make Nick's accomplishments even more impressive, he did it all with 45s. No mouse farts for him. 

Hey Bull..Do you ever see Nick around nowadays..do you think  he will get back into Cowboy ?

16 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Hey Bull..Do you ever see Nick around nowadays..do you think  he will get back into Cowboy ?

He’s going to school up in Reno. From what I hear he drops in and shoots with the clubs up there when he can. I also hear he hasn’t slowed down a bit.

Archived