SASS Wire Forum

Help me identify a a 303 and give an estimated value

Bladesmith

A friend of mine has a family member that wants to sell a few of his grandfather’s guns. The second gun from the left is an enfield 303. Can anyone tell me the model and approximate value. Also a value on the 1887 Winchester 10ga? Thanks in advance. 

BS

28C312B6-FEE6-47BE-B88A-3B3B33117AC8.jpeg

That Mosin-Nagant is 7.62x54R.  Do not attempt to use .303 in it.  The rifle has been "sporterised", a.k.a. butchered.  May be able to get $100 as a parts donor.  No collector value.  Little value as a rifle.

17 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

That Mosin-Nagant is 7.62x54R.  Do not attempt to use .303 in it.  The rifle has been "sporterised", a.k.a. butchered.  May be able to get $100 as a parts donor.  No collector value.  Little value as a rifle.

8 minutes ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

Yep. That Mosin is an organ donor. LOL

Don't totally discount that Mosin!  Although it won't command a premium price, it could absolutely make a fun shooter.

You could probably find an original stock pretty inexpensively, have fun and shoot it like it is, or go all out and finish the "sporter" conversion.

Here's one my son did:

1059646684_Mosinwscope2.thumb.jpg.ba9f2bc0a7256aff747574d859b2e7e1.jpg

Many Mosins were sporterized as hunters in Russia after the wars.

24 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Many Mosins were sporterized as hunters in Russia after the wars.

Talked with a kid on federal land next door that was carrying a sporterized Mauser. Had all the markings and was a bring home from an uncle. Seen a couple 03s that made me want to vomit.

I have a Finnish Nagant  in full military dress Pig sticker , oil flask , and cleanig rod , and Tools .

It shot right Fine , one inch groups are rather common for the first 3 uot of a clean barrel at 100 yards from a bench ...

This with issue sights ...  It is a well made rifle that shoots good and cost about 180 USA dollars ....

Jabez Cowboy 

Unaltered Mosin-Nagants are going for $300-$350 online. Sporterized ones go for less. Maybe $200. 

I wouldn’t turn my nose up at it. It might just be a heck of a shooter. 

Archived