Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Classic Cowboy/ Cowgirl get my respects!!!


Recommended Posts

Oh my goodness.

Have not shot CC in years!!!

5 stages whipped my tookus!!!

Hot, too many layers...not to mention how HEAVY that .45 rifle and hammered shotty are!!

You earn my respect!

20210327_083425.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have shot exactly 25% of one match on a hot day wearing a black frock coat with a vest and long sleeve shirt. :D

I thought I looked pretty snappy at the start of the match that day. Halfway into stage 3 I stripped off some clothing. I was signed up for Duelist. Style points are not worth the hassle...or the heat. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have shot exactly 25% of one match on a hot day wearing a black frock coat with a vest and long sleeve shirt. :D

I thought I looked pretty snappy at the start of the match that day. Halfway into stage 3 I stripped off some clothing. I was signed up for Duelist. Style points are not worth the hassle...or the heat. 

The humidity and the 13 hour ride has me pretty tuckered! And puffed up like a bullfrog!

I think if I can drop 40lbs, I could keep up!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

The humidity and the 13 hour ride has me pretty tuckered! And puffed up like a bullfrog!

I think if I can drop 40lbs, I could keep up!

Humidity? Oh, heck no! I hate humidity. Where are you shooting?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

The humidity and the 13 hour ride has me pretty tuckered! And puffed up like a bullfrog!

I think if I can drop 40lbs, I could keep up!

 

Yep the humidity was rather bad today wasn't it. 

 

I was in Leonard Texas for a Cody Dixon match. No breeze and 90% humidity. Would have made for a crappy day but with temps only in the high 60s to low 70s it wasn't as bad as it would have been in July and August.

 

We had 10 shooters and more fun than should be legally allowed.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Oh my goodness.

Have not shot CC in years!!!

5 stages whipped my tookus!!!

Hot, too many layers...not to mention how HEAVY that .45 rifle and hammered shotty are!!

You earn my respect!

20210327_083425.jpg

Not so sure about the company you keep.:P:)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not how good you shoot, it's how good you look WHEN you shoot. Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls rule. I wear 11 of the 12 Classic items almost all shoots. I don't wear a coat.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

NOT SO :o  Seamus did so wear a coat.  Oncest.  We waz stylin we waz.  Ain't seen him in one since though. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

It's not how good you shoot, it's how good you look WHEN you shoot. Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls rule. I wear 11 of the 12 Classic items almost all shoots. I don't wear a coat.

Seamus...by the end of the day, I was done in. The rifle weighs twice my carbine...and don't get me started on that old Russian hammered shotty!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not shooting CC but I wear enough CC items at every match to qualify except for firearms. It can get warm on the MS Gulf Coast. Just drink more water and electrolytes. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even Gunfighters need heros

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colonel Lou said:

Even Gunfighters need heros

I curtsey to you sir, my favorite CC!!! ( and not just because you supply me with high $$ whiskey)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.