Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Bill Burt

First Match after Covid

Recommended Posts

And I better learn how to use those long guns now,  quickly !

 

Thank you Governor Kemp and President Trump !!!

 

Make America Great Again !

 

Captain, I've got another pair, what do you think about these.....

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To help understand the real numbers for Covid 19, look at prostate cancer.

 

Doctors and cancer specialists tell us that a majority of older males 50 will die with prostate cancer.  Note I said "with" not due to.

"Among very elderly men dying of other causes, a surprising two-thirds may have prostate cancer that was never diagnosed."

https://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/prostate-cancer-survival-rates-what-they-mean#1

 

Doctors have published the official  guidance and say to attribute deaths to Covid 19 even if they have not tested positive.  Not that "if in doubt", say "Covid 19" on the certificate. But if it is possible, say Covid 19.

https://youtu.be/_5wn1qs_bBk

 

If we used the same guidance on death certificates concerning prostate cancer as the governments have provided concerning Covid 19, the prostate cancer death rate would most likely over 50%.- not 0.5% but 100 times that.

 

Covid 19 is serious, but we have very little accurate data about it. 

http://www.conservativehq.com/print/32333

 

As has been stated, wash your hands and be smart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we're back!  There will have a match this weekend.  It will be held over two days and you have to reserve a time to keep the posses small.   I don't know if the MD wants it advertised, so I'm not giving specifics. If you want to know PM me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to be kidding!  If you have to go through all that to shoot again, then it is definitely not time to start back up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

You have to be kidding!  If you have to go through all that to shoot again, then it is definitely not time to start back up 

I don't mind having to reserve a time.  In fact that may end up being more efficient in terms of how long it takes to shoot a match.  The only thing that makes me hesitate is the three hour drive to get there and then another three hours to get home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been around this game for over 20 years and I have shot on a few posse made up of 10 people. You end up with 3-4 people doing 90% of the work and the others too old to do anything but sit at the load or unload tables. You’ll end up having as many die of heart attack’s from lost brass as the virus would kill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

I’ve been around this game for over 20 years and I have shot on a few posse made up of 10 people. You end up with 3-4 people doing 90% of the work and the others too old to do anything but sit at the load or unload tables. You’ll end up having as many die of heart attack’s from lost brass as the virus would kill

If we pick our posse members I think my wife and I could make it work and be comfortable with a posse as small as small as 6-7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I don't mind having to reserve a time.  In fact that may end up being more efficient in terms of how long it takes to shoot a match.  The only thing that makes me hesitate is the three hour drive to get there and then another three hours to get home. 

Do you have to drive both days or is it a "shoot thru" kind of deal? Either way, it wouldn't make any sense (for me) to drive six hours to shoot for 2 minutes and be able to see only 10 to 12 people. Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Do you have to drive both days or is it a "shoot thru" kind of deal? Either way, it wouldn't make any sense (for me) to drive six hours to shoot for 2 minutes and be able to see only 10 to 12 people. Just my opinion.

My understanding is you schedule a time on one of the two days, show up, shoot, then at the EOD Sunday all the scores get tabulated.  So you only drive once. 

 

I feel similarly to you, three hours one way is a long way to go.  Sharyn will want to go, but of course she won't be the one who has to drive, so it's an easy choice for her.   It's a coin flip right now.  If the first match of May is back on, we probably just wait, if not we probably go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Do you have to drive both days or is it a "shoot thru" kind of deal? Either way, it wouldn't make any sense (for me) to drive six hours to shoot for 2 minutes and be able to see only 10 to 12 people. Just my opinion.

For me the drive is about 2 hours each way, an hour less than Capt. Bill.  I'm just as anxious to get back to shooting as anyone else but even that's a bit too far for me to drive, shoot for a few minutes and only see a few people and then go back home.  I'll just hunker down a little bit longer and get back to shooting regular when the ranges reopen for match schedules.

 

Kajun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

For me the drive is about 2 hours each way, an hour less than Capt. Bill.  I'm just as anxious to get back to shooting as anyone else but even that's a bit too far for me to drive, shoot for a few minutes and only see a few people and then go back home.  I'll just hunker down a little bit longer and get back to shooting regular when the ranges reopen for match schedules.

 

Kajun

That’s no excuse! You could sit at home, or go have some fun.


Sharyn and I will be there Saturday at 10 am. It’s 180 miles door to door. I figure I can make it in about 2.25 hours.

 

Time to shoot!

 

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin' 
Oh, we gonna do what they say can't be done 
We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there 
I'm east bound, just watch ol' Captain run

 

I just hope I don’t run into Sheriff Buford T. Justice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharyn and I had our first match post Covid!  Glad to be back.   I was clean, and she wasn't.  We'll leave it right there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would someone please start of post of matches that are actually being held?  My home club is in a state that is likely to be one of the last that will open.  I'd certainly travel to support a club that is holding a match.  I just need to know where and when.  

PK

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is risky:

7,670 people die each day in the US (2.8 million/yr) 

22 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant (>8,000/yr) - should the government mandate organ donations?

25 people die each day due to speeding (>9,000/yr) - should we mandate 15mph as an upper speed limit?  

167 people died each day in 2018 from the flu (61,000/yr) - even with a vaccine!

22,000 flu deaths as of March 13 in US - even with a vaccine!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Popcorn Kelly said:

Would someone please start of post of matches that are actually being held?  My home club is in a state that is likely to be one of the last that will open.  I'd certainly travel to support a club that is holding a match.  I just need to know where and when.  

PK

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is risky:

7,670 people die each day in the US (2.8 million/yr) 

22 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant (>8,000/yr) - should the government mandate organ donations?

25 people die each day due to speeding (>9,000/yr) - should we mandate 15mph as an upper speed limit?  

167 people died each day in 2018 from the flu (61,000/yr) - even with a vaccine!

22,000 flu deaths as of March 13 in US - even with a vaccine!

 

 

Most states require you to self quarantine for 14 days after crossing state lines. not going to be easy to travel and shoot

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarantine is restricting the movement of sick people.  Tyranny is restricting the freedom of healthy people. 
 

It’s important to understand definitions in difficult times;  keeps us focused.

 

 I will take sensible precautions to protect myself, but I get chapped quickly when any  public servant thinks he/she can decide what is best for me, particularly when it involves restricting rights listed in the Constitution.

 

There should be some very interesting SCOTUS decisions coming out of all this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I certainly hope so.  It is unimaginable that any Governor can require people to deny people from having freedom of movement - i.e., ordered to stay at home under threat of arrest.  That would be called tyranny in any third-world country.    It's done under the guise of COVID today; what will it be tomorrow?

PK

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is risky:

7,670 people die each day in the US (2.8 million/yr) 

22 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant (>8,000/yr) - should the government mandate organ donations?

25 people die each day due to speeding (>9,000/yr) - should we mandate 15mph as an upper speed limit?  

167 people died each day in 2018 from the flu (61,000/yr) - even with a vaccine!

22,000 flu deaths as of March 13 in US - even with a vaccine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ HIllbillly Drifter; With all due respect,  I'm not so sure it is correct to say that "most states" require 14 days quarantine.  Iowa doesn't; nor do I believe Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas, Wyoming, Montana, Missouri,  . . . and so on.  This seems to be an East and perhaps West coast phenomenon.  On April 7, 2020 the National Law Review wrote an article that began "As of April 3, 2020, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont have issued orders requiring travelers from outside their respective states to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arrival, unless they are traveling for essential reasons. Ten other states across the country have similar, although generally less restrictive, orders."  Florida made the news a few weeks ago when it decreed people from New York should quarantine upon arrival (because so many were departing NY for Florida to avoid the contagion).  

Thankfully, in most of the country, we are still free to move about.  

PK

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is risky:

7,670 people die each day in the US (2.8 million/yr) 

22 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant (>8,000/yr) - should the government mandate organ donations?

25 people die each day due to speeding (>9,000/yr) - should we mandate 15mph as an upper speed limit?  

167 people died each day in 2018 from the flu (61,000/yr) - even with a vaccine!

22,000 flu deaths as of March 13 in US - even with a vaccine!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Popcorn Kelly said:

@ HIllbillly Drifter; With all due respect,  I'm not so sure it is correct to say that "most states" require 14 days quarantine.  Iowa doesn't; nor do I believe Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas, Wyoming, Montana, Missouri,  . . . and so on.  This seems to be an East and perhaps West coast phenomenon.  On April 7, 2020 the National Law Review wrote an article that began "As of April 3, 2020, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont have issued orders requiring travelers from outside their respective states to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arrival, unless they are traveling for essential reasons. Ten other states across the country have similar, although generally less restrictive, orders."  Florida made the news a few weeks ago when it decreed people from New York should quarantine upon arrival (because so many were departing NY for Florida to avoid the contagion).  

Thankfully, in most of the country, we are still free to move about.  

PK

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is risky:

7,670 people die each day in the US (2.8 million/yr) 

22 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant (>8,000/yr) - should the government mandate organ donations?

25 people die each day due to speeding (>9,000/yr) - should we mandate 15mph as an upper speed limit?  

167 people died each day in 2018 from the flu (61,000/yr) - even with a vaccine!

22,000 flu deaths as of March 13 in US - even with a vaccine!

 

well Montana requires it right now. Was interested in a rifle shoot there before I found this out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is the clip I am referring to

This is a NOTICE to inform shooters of "restrictions" regarding our May 9th - 10th IBS 1000 yard match at Deep Creek Missoula Montana. At the request of our Montana Governors order Montana still has restrictions on non essential Interstate travel into Montana from other states. Montana covid Restrictions going to phase 1. Unfortunately the travel Ban is still in place and if you are coming from out of state for "any reason" you are required to self-isolate for 14 days. Therefore we will only be able to host Montana shooters that meet the mandated requirements. I am truly disappointed for those shooter that this will affect. As we get more info heading for our June match I will try to give all shooters info that may or may not affect coming Matches. looking forward to seeing all my shooting family real soon. for those that are applicable and feel they can participate fantastic, for those that are a higher risk etc. I understand and will see you soon. we will not be doing our typical lunch menu so Bring food & water provisions for your personal needs. we will be respecting and practicing Social distancing as needed while running Match. also for those shooters that will be at match we will be shooting Match 1 make up Saturday afternoon.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so I suggest you check before traveling...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

@ Hillibilly Drifter; thanks for the Montana info.  I stand corrected vis-a-vis Montana.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.