Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Gun safe inquiry

Recommended Posts

Has anyone here had any experience with Steelwater gun safes, or know anyone who has?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make us three and four. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

Make us three and four. 

I agree and I'm not questioning that, but does anyone have first hand knowledge about these safes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no experience with steelwater safes, 

if they do not pan out, you might try Sportsman Steel Safes http://www.sportsmansteelsafes.com/blog/best-gun-safe-reviews/

They are relatively close to you and make a good safe.

 

Duffield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine has one in my garage. It is about 300 pounds heavier than my Champion of the same size. 42 wide and about 60 high thereabouts. The seal keeps falling off around the door is the only issue we've had so far. Shipping was free at the time so it was a pretty good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the electronic lock on the advice from my dealer.  First thing a robber will do is destroy your wheel.   If a combination tumbler it"s just locked up.  The electric will just fall off, but supposedly there will be a good chance you can retrieve the wire and reattach.  No attempts yet and no problems with it for 25+ yrs.    Sorry, but no experience with the brand of safe your asking about.     GW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember Gomez Addams safe combination?  :rolleyes:

 

"Two, Ten, Twelve - Eyes, Fingers, Toes!"  ^_^

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, G W Wade said:

I bought the electronic lock on the advice from my dealer.  First thing a robber will do is destroy your wheel.   If a combination tumbler it"s just locked up.  The electric will just fall off, but supposedly there will be a good chance you can retrieve the wire and reattach.  No attempts yet and no problems with it for 25+ yrs.    Sorry, but no experience with the brand of safe your asking about.     GW

You should have done some research, instead of letting a salesman 'educate' you.

It called a 'relocker' and if the dial is destroyed. The safe still can't be opened.

https://www.libertysafe.com/8-relocker-devices-lm-4-p-67.html

 

OLG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

You should have done some research, instead of letting a salesman 'educate' you.

It called a 'relocker' and if the dial is destroyed. The safe still can't be opened.

https://www.libertysafe.com/8-relocker-devices-lm-4-p-67.html

 

OLG

Can"t argue because I just don"t know.  He claimed if my touch pad was ripped off he could just connect the wires to a new touch pad.    Just hope never have to find out      GW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a locksmith, a relocker on a safe is a very good feature to have!  It's normally cheaper to have a locksmith come out and open/repair a safe that has been vandalized but not opened than it is to replace the contents of one that was opened.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

Can"t argue because I just don"t know.  He claimed if my touch pad was ripped off he could just connect the wires to a new touch pad.    Just hope never have to find out      GW

If that were correct-That makes an even a stronger argument against ele. combo locks.

The 'bad-guy' removes yours-hooks his up and opens the door....That is what you are saying. 

Locksmiths love ele combo locks. ;)

I have yet to see one that was not China made-:huh:

OLG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good argument SIR.   But he would have to have the code.  Correct.  The lock operates on the code, the touch pads just enters the code.   P.S.  I do respect you views        GW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could just enter the factory default code-The same a locksmith would have.

You really need to watch this-Pretty much 'fits' all ele combo locks.

 

OLG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.