SASS Wire Forum

Where can I buy a Press for Campaign Hat

So I started gathering the needful for a Wild Bunch costume and purchased a nice looking campaign hat

Looking at the brim, I realized it wasn't going to take too long before it started to curl etc.

Where can I buy a press to keep the brim looking good after I take it out of storage??

Thanks Pards

If you don't set it down on its brim but on its crown it won't deform. Then buy your a cheap plastic hat tree that doesn't let the brim touch anything and you'll be good to go. Got 2 Boss O' the Plains I been wearing for 10 years with no problems.

Make your own from press board  use a  thumb screw on both  sides to hold both top and bottom together Cut hole in top piece to go around the crown  

try ray a uniform supply store  a lot of police officers wear those hats

I have two that I have were purchased through the Boy Scouts of America for the BSA Campaign Hat. I don't see the hat boards on their website anymore. You may have to make one or get one of the new plastic hat carriers.

Thanks Bull Skinner, but I found they were out of stock/on back order at Flying Tiger and seem to have been that way for a while.

I had a "Notify Me" request in with them, but I have never heard back, hence, this request.

Dillon makes a heavy press, that's a fact.

Oh, sorry, you want something for a hat brim.   :lol: 

What the heck is wrong with using this Stratton brim press?:

http://tandtuniforms.com/shop/catalog/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=37

Seen lots of LEO's with one in the closet.  Right at $20.  Why pay 3 times that?

Good luck, GJ

Try uspatriot.com, and look for a drill sergeant hat press.  It's more expensive, about $70, but should do what you want.  They have a retail showroom here in Columbia that is quite popular with the Ft. Jackson GI's, many of whom are DI's.  

Guest Grass Range #51406

I made one by cutting a hole in the center of a piece of plywood the size of the crown. Steam the brim, lay it on a flat counter and weight the plywood down when it is in place. gives a nice flat brim. No hat should look like a taco

Archived