SASS Wire Forum

Missed matches

Attica Jack  #23953

So far, because of cold and wet weather,  I have missed three matches, in the 2018 season.   I didn't go to the first two because it was too cold. (I don't shoot any match below 35 degrees.)  This weekends match at the Detroit Sportsmans Congress was cancelled because of the rain and range flooding, it is still raining.   The good thing, I haven't had any misses or procedurals yet.   I hope the range drys out for next weekends Wild Bunch shoot.

Today will be my second missed. The first was below zero--too cold for my lame a&$. Today 1/2" of ice and snowing up at the range. Hoping for better in May!!

Yep I missed two so far both too cold, the next one is in two weeks hopefully spring will come!!:rolleyes:

Rye you know that there is no such thing as Spring anymore,,,Winter,Summer, Winter, Summer.....lol...frist time we get to shoot it'll be 80....

Hang in there Jack...See Ya'll on the range as they say.........Faygo

So the call - 3 misses.   Have next match add those to your first stage, and you will be golden.

:lol:

Good luck, I'll be hoping you get better weather.  GJ

1 hour ago, Faygo Kid, SASS # 26408 said:

Rye you know that there is no such thing as Spring anymore,,,Winter,Summer, Winter, Summer.....lol...frist time we get to shoot it'll be 80....

Hang in there Jack...See Ya'll on the range as they say.........Faygo

agree we've getting winter, summer and repeat these days

that and throw in the rain and it's making it hard to play cowboy

Believe me I know your pain.

This year was/is my first year in SAS. Jan at Sandusky Co Regulators, to cold, Feb, to cold, Mar, still cold. First official shoot yesterday, pouring down rain, I mean pouring. One Stage was shot. Rest of shoot was cancelled for safety reasons. I opted out of the one stage because my hands got wet and cold and didn't feel comfortable hanging onto a fire arm.  One Pard had remarked it was hard to hold onto the pistol. That did it for me.

I expected to come in last and I did and I didn't even have to shoot...

It's this dang weather in Ohio, Miserable so far...

WW

Okay, I win...so far...Just kidding, by the way. Missing a match is a big deal and affects one's morale ;)

I have missed 9 months of matches...Gawd, it hurts to even think that.

After my bike crash I am just now getting to where I think I can spend enough time on my feet and get around safely to shoot a match.

I am shooting for the match at our club on May 5th (pun intended).

I am getting around much better after the second foot surgery but haven't tried my cowboy boots yet...maybe I will do that today. Go on a trip to the market wearing my cowboy boots...

I hope we all get to shoot a match soon. :D

Archived