SASS Wire Forum

Browning 92 in 44mg, not Centenial model

Looking to create some cash to purchase a different rifle. Had this for a while, before any of my other Winchester rifles, and I am wondering the current market value. I have the original lever but had it replaced with a custom large loop lever. I will have pictures when I get home later tonight. 

How much should I be asking if I sell direct to a shooter?  I may be going to a gun show or two down here in Fl and would take with me, but the ARs usually are what people are looking for instead. I may also list here on the vladsifieds. Thanks in advance. 

Ok, ok I said I would post pictures tonight. Hold your Horses!  

I was looking for a range. Thanks Dutch for your guess. The rifle is in great shape, gold plate still on trigger and in the Browning insignia.  Thanks again

I checked my "Blue Book of Modern Gun Values" Browning B-92 carbine.  disc. 1986.  100% $600,  90% $410.  I think people on the SASS wire would pay a little more,  Irish Pat, sass 19486

I would be inclined to think you would have more luck going to the gunshow than you might realize. I don't think there are very many AR buyers these days as the market has been saturated for so long now. I think there are a lot of AR "lookers", by that I mean people that do not already own an AR but like to look at them. I'm in the Richmond area and go to the gun shows almost every time they come. Classic and hunting firearms seem to do more business than any other long guns, although to be fair the handgun sales trump everything else put together. 

Not the best but in a rush this am. Better ones and the separate Browning lever over the weekend. No safety of any kind and no rebound hammer as on the newer Winchesters. Very smooth but I am sure what is smooth for me may be ruff for someone else. 

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

The extra lever is going to add interest/value to the right buyer(not me).  I'd start around $750-800.  I've seen NIB box centennials go for $1200+ on Gun broker.

Fellow at a gun show last weekend had a similar one on his table, he had $600 on it, but it had been to Steve Young for an action job several years ago.

Archived