Texas State Cowboy Championship - Comancheria Days 2018

Grouchy Spike

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update from Tombstone Mary as of February 11:

272 registered - 13 cowboys and cowgirls can still register
37 Wild Bunch - 23 slide action shooters can register

Two months from today we will be pulling triggers!

If you have interest in RO classes:

We will be offering ROI class $10, ROII class $25 and Wild Bunch RO class $30 and refresher classes $5.  If you are interested in taking any of these classes please email us at www.texicanrangers@yahoo.com

Tombstone Mary

I want one ...lol...which day is RO 1...Can I call....LOL...LOL

..OK Jackroo....hold it...hold it....

23 hours ago, Jim No Horse said:

You already are RO

Rank

Old

RO Classes

From Tombstone Mary

Here is the information on the ROI and ROII:

We will be offering ROI class $10, ROII class $25 and Wild Bunch RO class $30 and refresher classes $5. 

If you are interested in taking any of these classes please email us via a contact form:

http://texicanrangers.org/contact-us/

On 2/15/2018 at 9:42 PM, Jim No Horse said:

Ah, with humor like this we are certain to have an outstanding time at CD 2018 - bring it on!

Cowboys and Cowgirls, you can also monitor posts about CD 2018 on the events wire:

Sometimes I forget to post on both wires.  Something about senioritis.

We now have 280 registered with 9 spots left.  The MD bumped the limit from 285 to 289.

Draw that checkbook and fire off your registration!:)

37 shooters have registered for Wild Bunch, room for 23 more!  If you have already registered for Cowboy, Wild Bunch costs nothing extra to shoot.  If you are equipped with 1911 45 ACP, Lever Rifle 40+ caliber, and a Model 97 or Model 12, sign up for Wild Bunch!

Use the contact form:

The Cowboy registrations are oversubscribed with two on the waiting list.

Wild Bunch registrations are 43 with 60 max so there is some room left there for anyone interested in slide-action shooting!

Hello Gunslinger, suggest saddling the Waiting List - there are usually a few dropouts.

I recommend that you email Tombstone Mary  http://texicanrangers.org/contact-us/

or texicanrangers@yahoo.com

Tell her that you want to be wait-listed, then follow with registration form http://texicanrangers.org/uploads/Scores 2017/CD2018-Comancheria Days Application Final.pdf

Tombstone Mary update:

We are now up to 49 Wild Bunch shooters, maximum 60, room for 11 more!

9 are on the waiting list for Cowboy Action.

Tombstone Mary Update:  Busted the Limit!

We had 15 on our waiting list and AD, Match Director and Newt Ritter, Asst. Match Director have decided to let them all in with absolutely no more unless we have a cancellation.  Our final number is 314. { Squeeze in a bit close at the banquet.  Suck it up! ]

We now have 51 Wild Bunch Shooters with 9 spots left.  [ Awesome - some revolving action shooters will be slide action shooters! ]

We did not have any interest in WB RO so that is canceled.

Outstanding interest in Comancharia Days 2018 - Thanks to all who registered!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Grouchy Spike said:

Tombstone Mary Update:  Busted the Limit!

We had 15 on our waiting list and AD, Match Director and Newt Ritter, Asst. Match Director have decided to let them all in with absolutely no more unless we have a cancellation.  Our final number is 314. { Squeeze in a bit close at the banquet.  Suck it up! ]

We now have 51 Wild Bunch Shooters with 9 spots left.  [ Awesome - some revolving action shooters will be slide action shooters! ]

Outstanding interest in Comancharia Days 2018 - Thanks to all who registered!!!!!!!

How about two more Colt Faro and Matt Black? 

Hello Colt,  the MD, A.D. Texaz,  must answer that question, it's beyond my pay grade.  Contact him through the website:

or email TexicanRangers@yahoo.com

Thank you to everyone who signed up for the SASS Texas State Championship, Comancheria Days.  We were full by Feb 20th which is a record for us.  We had 15 on our waiting list and decided to let them all in.  We can't take anymore shooters unless we have a cancellation.  If you would like to go on the waiting list please send an email to  texicanrangers@yahoo.com.   

The ROI and ROII classes will be held at the Texican Ranger range on Wednesday April 11th starting at 9:00 AM.  If you are taking both classes they will break for lunch at 12:30 - 1:30 so bring something to eat.  We will not have any food vendors on the range on Wednesday.  You do not have to be a registered shooter to attend these classes.  To register please send an email to texicanrangers@yahoo.com and I will get you on the list.

For all you crank action shooters (and cranky shooters too) who are shooting Comancheria Days 2018, the Texas State SASS Match, bring your BAM rifle and join the BAMM side match!  

There is a fifteen-round Sniper match with targets out to 123 yards and a fifteen round Combat match with big targets at about 57 yards.  Can't miss'em!

The usual BAMM rules apply: http://www.sassnet.com/wildbunch/forum/index.php?topic=1765.0

Cast Bullets ONLY please!

Hey, Grouchy!  Thanks for inviting us to shoot your rifle at the BAMM side match last year.  Thanks to you, I had to go out and spend money on an 03A3 so Mar-Lynn and I will be joining y'all this year with our own rifle!  "Can't miss 'em!?", yeah right, I might be able to prove you wrong, but hope not!  Sure looking forward to it, y'all put on a great match!

Brushy 

Wow, those are gonna be some big posse's!  Bring a chair for shore!  :D

On 3/7/2018 at 9:18 AM, Brushy Creek Bill, SASS # 49466 said:

Hey, Grouchy!  Thanks for inviting us to shoot your rifle at the BAMM side match last year.  Thanks to you, I had to go out and spend money on an 03A3 so Mar-Lynn and I will be joining y'all this year with our own rifle!  "Can't miss 'em!?", yeah right, I might be able to prove you wrong, but hope not!  Sure looking forward to it, y'all put on a great match!

Brushy 

Well, Brushy, I had high hopes that you would treat that gal to a nice BAM rifle, and you did - Nice work!

Why is Hoss dragging anchor?

On 3/9/2018 at 7:05 AM, Oklahoma Dee said:

Wow, those are gonna be some big posse's!  Bring a chair for shore!  :D

Dee, no worries -  I predict that the posses should be about the same size as in years past - about 17 or so shooters each.

5 hours ago, Grouchy Spike said:

Dee, no worries -  I predict that the posses should be about the same size as in years past - about 17 or so shooters each.

Interesting.  Does that imply there will be two waves each day?

On 3/11/2018 at 9:39 PM, Oklahoma Dee said:

Interesting.  Does that imply there will be two waves each day?

In keeping with past Comancheria Days matches, it sure sounds like it, doesn't it? 

News from the Match Director:

Comancheria Days 2018, the SASS Texas State Championship is just around the corner.  The Texican Rangers would like to thank you for joining us this year.  

Our match filled up quickly and we still have a waiting list of 12 shooters.  We are no longer allowing category changes effective March 23, 2018 since we have already ordered awards.

Our event will have ten Main Match stages, four Wild Bunch stages and three Plainsman stages.  In addition to Fastest Rifle, Revolver, Shotgun, Derringer and Pocket Pistol we will have BAMM, Long Range, Blazing Saddles with traditional cowboy revolvers or a 1911 (or both) and King of the Hill. 

Side Matches will be your best time out of 3 except BAMM and Long Range.  King of the Hill can be shot as many times as you like with an overall Man and Lady Winner.

We will have several vendors so plan on shopping and if you get hungry we will have food vendors Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Breakfast will be available each of these mornings.

Friday night we will serve up Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Coleslaw, Beans, Chips, Salsa, Cookies and Ice Tea.  Dinner will be served at 6:00.  Desserts are always welcomed and remember BYOB.  Our seating is limited so please bring a chair.  After dinner we will hand out Side Match awards as well as Best Shooter’s Costume award Male and Female. 

You will have a chance to purchase tickets at $20 each for an engraved nickel revolver benefiting the SASS Scholarship Fund starting Thursday through Saturday.  The drawing will be held Saturday night at the banquet. 

Our banquet will feature our ever popular Stretch Raffle which will include several items, including Uberti 1873 Rifle, Dillon 650, a Ladies Package and other items.  This is in addition to several registered shooter drawings for guns, visa gift cards and more.

On Saturday night Texas Flower, Doc O’Bay and Kathouse Kelli will judge the costume contest which will include 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for Lady, Gentleman, Couple, Military and Soiled Dove.  Your spouse can participate as long as they are a current SASS member.

Our banquet venue has changed!!!!.  We are moving to the Pioneer Pavilion at the Lady Bird Johnson Park.  El Patron, who usually serves Fajitas on Friday night, will be our caterer for Saturday.  He will be serving Brisket, Sausage and all the fixin’s.  Directions are included in your shooters packet.

Feel free to contact us with any questions or comments at Texicanrangers@yahoo.com

A.D. Texaz, Match Director

Newt Ritter, Assistant Match Director

On 3/11/2018 at 4:23 PM, Grouchy Spike said:

Well, Brushy, I had high hopes that you would treat that gal to a nice BAM rifle, and you did - Nice work!

Why is Hoss dragging anchor?

too many guns, too little money! One of these days i'll buy a BAM rifle. just not sure what I want yet.  It's about # 5 on my list. 

10G hammer double

Sharps in 45-70

Remington derringer

Starr cap & Ball

BAM rifle. 

Archived