SASS Wire Forum

Need help from Merlin the Facebook Wizard

REALLY need some help from a Facebook wiz. I know several of you are my Facebook friends and are hopefully more knowledgeable than I. I tried to reset my password a couple of days ago, and apparently something misfired, now can't get back in to my account to fix the password. I've tried all their recovery methods, and in typical FB fashion nothing works, just keep going in circles. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll buy you drinks in the Saloon (ACS) for six months.

Sus amigo,

JHC

On 12/22/2017 at 8:05 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

May talk to these folks 

Deleted per Pat.  

Is this a legit site?

They asked for a "refundable" $5 deposit, and then said you'd be charged $23 after talking to a technician. 

Have you used it?

46 minutes ago, Del Rio Pete said:

Is this a legit site?

They asked for a "refundable" $5 deposit, and then said you'd be charged $23 after talking to a technician. 

Have you used it?

Nope...editing my post now!

I don’t do Facebook so this probably will not be helpful, but why not try an end run;  leave your present account dormant and start another with a variation on your name? Can that be done?

They’ve kicked me off FB a couple of times and after their prison time I was able to change my password and get back on with no problem. 

On 12/22/2017 at 11:15 AM, Yul Lose said:

They’ve kicked me off FB a couple of times and after their prison time I was able to change my password and get back on with no problem. 

I didn't get kicked off, tried to change my password and something f...........ouled up, now nothing works.

Go to the facebook homepage.  Enter your user name or email address.  Then below where you enter your password, there is a small box that states, "forgot password."  Click that and it will send a link to reset the password to the email on file.

14 hours ago, Ginny Hinny said:

Go to the facebook homepage.  Enter your user name or email address.  Then below where you enter your password, there is a small box that states, "forgot password."  Click that and it will send a link to reset the password to the email on file.

Tried that, tried everything. It would seem they have a glitch (one of a million or so) and I'm getting no code by e-mail to recover the account. E-mail is working, must be a glitch on their end. :( But thank you for the reply.

JHC

On 12/22/2017 at 10:44 AM, J-BAR #18287 said:

I don’t do Facebook so this probably will not be helpful, but why not try an end run;  leave your present account dormant and start another with a variation on your name? Can that be done?

Yes it can, but I've got a gazillion pics in lots of albums I don't want to lose. If I have to do that I may well say the heck with it and blow it off. But thank you for the reply.

JHC

35 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Tried that, tried everything. It would seem they have a glitch (one of a million or so) and I'm getting no code by e-mail to recover the account. E-mail is working, must be a glitch on their end. :( But thank you for the reply.

JHC

Check your spam folder

This just happened to a pard of mine, he ignored FB for a couple days and then tried again and , "PRESTO" he was allowed back in! He has no idea what happened, my thought was someone maybe hacked his account and they wouldn't let him in! (????)

Facebook is weird!:wacko:

That's the one procedure I've yet to try, you can chose from a list of your friends (my wife is one thankfully) that can give you a recovery code, but you have to have 3 of them, and I haven't wanted to bug them at Christmas time. I've got to work the next 3 days out of town, then we're leaving for Galveston for a week long cruise. Will probably wait until we get back to deal with it. Thanks to all for the replies!

JHC

Maybe this?

Delete all the cookies off your computer and then do a reboot.  So it will look like you bought a new computer. ( yes you will have to log into all the other websites you normally visit, so make sure you know all those passwords before doing this.)

Then try to log into Facebook under your present ID.  I’m hoping Facebook will think you are on another computer and let you reset your password from there.  It works on some other websites, but tossing your cookies (!) could take some time to get signed in elsewhere.

Good luck.

59 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Maybe this?

Delete all the cookies off your computer and then do a reboot.  So it will look like you bought a new computer. ( yes you will have to log into all the other websites you normally visit, so make sure you know all those passwords before doing this.)

Then try to log into Facebook under your present ID.  I’m hoping Facebook will think you are on another computer and let you reset your password from there.  It works on some other websites, but tossing your cookies (!) could take some time to get signed in elsewhere.

Good luck.

I've tried it on our other computer and computers at work, no dice. I run C Cleaner every day that supposedly does all that. But thanks for the suggestion!

JHC

Archived