SASS Wire Forum

WARTRACE this Saturday.....

Widder, SASS #59054

Although its a 3+ hour drive to Wartrace (6.5 hrs round trip), Slater and I are planning to travel to Wartrace this Saturday, pending fair weather.

I'm wanting to get in a couple more shoots before winter sets in and Slater is wanting to shoot before his holiday FEDEX business keeps him busy thru the end of the year.

Soooooooooo, who's gonna be riding the trail to Wartrace this Saturday to whoop it up one more time?

..........Widder

Been thinking about it!! Had to miss the State Match because of a gig. I have in town gigs Friday and Saturday nights, so it'll be an energy thing as much as anything.

It's Judge 'em all Duncan and Yazzoo City Gal's 35th wedding anniversary this weekend and they're celebrating with a trip to Nashville and an evening with the band on Friday night.

Any of y'all that can make it, post it here and I'll give directions and times!!

If you showed up to shoot without Yazz, (knowing as we do that she can't shoot right now) some of us might smack you!! :lol::lol:

You just give that little gal a weekend she won't forget!! ;):wub:

Happy Anniversary, Judge and Yazoo!

I will be at Oak Ridge on Nov 12 hawking lead and shooting up their range.

Waimea

Although its a 3+ hour drive to Wartrace (6.5 hrs round trip), Slater and I are planning to travel to Wartrace this Saturday, pending fair weather.

I'm wanting to get in a couple more shoots before winter sets in and Slater is wanting to shoot before his holiday FEDEX business keeps him busy thru the end of the year.

Soooooooooo, who's gonna be riding the trail to Wartrace this Saturday to whoop it up one more time?

..........Widder

Yea, you told me the state match was going to be your last match. I could have made the match at Wartrace this Saturday but now we have family obligations.

Yea, you told me the state match was going to be your last match. I could have made the match at Wartrace this Saturday but now we have family obligations.

Warden,

If I recollect correctly, you were asking if I was going to other big matches in TN or KY (or SE Regional ?) and my reply was that the TN State at Wartrace was gonna be my last "BIG" match of the year. Wartrace this Saturday is just a monthly, of which I try to travel there about 4 times during the summer/fall months.

..........Widder

I guess I missed the small word "BIG".

One of these days you'll turn around and I'll be there. :P

Warden,

If I recollect correctly, you were asking if I was going to other big matches in TN or KY (or SE Regional ?) and my reply was that the TN State at Wartrace was gonna be my last "BIG" match of the year. Wartrace this Saturday is just a monthly, of which I try to travel there about 4 times during the summer/fall months.

..........Widder

I guess I missed the small word "BIG".

One of these days you'll turn around and I'll be there. :P

And it will be my pleasure to finally meet you Warden.

The Oak Ridge Outlaws are my home club, located in Oak Ridge TN. Their monthly is the 2nd Saturday.

My other home club is the Ocoee Rangers in Cleveland, TN. about 1.5 hrs away. Their monthly is the 4th Saturday.

During the 'better weather' months, I try to get to Wartrace about 4-5 times a year on the 1st Saturday. It is a 3 hr. 15 minute drive EACH way and that is why I watch the weather before I travel such distance to shoot a 5 stage match.

PLUS, when my traveling pard can't go, I might not venture there. Also, Slater usually drives which makes my travel plans easier... ;)

We both enjoy shooting at Wartrace cause they are fantastic folks and do a great job with stages, props and scenarios.

I just hope they plan to shoot this Saturday because none of them have posted any comment yet.

Best regards

..........Widder

Our local club is second Saturday also and we are plenty obligated to be there as Mary is secretary and treasurer as well as target painter, etc. Our home away from home shoots on first Sunday. But we can miss this one.

Wartrace is a 7+ hours drive but maybe we can combine the match with some other purposes - like stopping at hunshops.

Widder, the weather is supposed to be great, sunny and 69. I think that would be hard to beat. We'll be shooting and I'll be there unless work collars me and they'd have to have a good hold cause I need some trigger time before the SE Regional next week.

See you and Slater Saturday

Randy

Widder and all yáll

Wartrace will be glad to see yáll again so soon. we had great fun at Ocoee 2 weeks ago. Hope you will have the same experience Sat.

Imis

Happy Anniversary, Judge and Yazoo!

I will be at Oak Ridge on Nov 12 hawking lead and shooting up their range.

Waimea

Darn it! I'm sending Judge to shoot the Southeast Regional next weekend. If you need a protein bar on the way home Sunday give me a buzz.

Darn it! I'm sending Judge to shoot the Southeast Regional next weekend. If you need a protein bar on the way home Sunday give me a buzz.

Yazoo....hope your healing well and Judge is playing nurse for ya.....good help is really hard to get. ;)

My wife had a knee replacement about 3 months ago and I had the pleasure of looking after her during her recovery. She can drive herself to PT now and is getting around pretty well. It won't be long that you'll be doing the same.

Kajun

WELLLL.... Won't get to go this morning. Just now got home, (1:28 am) AND I have a coupe of things I need to do today that won't wait!!

Maybe the Tuesday match at Oak Ridge!!

Blackwater, you missed a good on, 52 shooters.

Randy

YES indeed. The trip was worth it.

And speaking of fun, the Cemetery hosted 20 grave stones that needed 'popping'. What a blast.

My warthog .32's were up to the task but a couple little ghostly gremlins seems to make the little lead chunks ineffective.

Of course, The Enchantress took care of business and all ended well.

Thanks for the good weather and great hospitality Wartrace Regulators.

p.s. - I even managed to win a stage..... :D

..........Widder

Archived