SASS Wire Forum

Advice on Remington R1

Cyrus Cassidy #45437

Is it a good gun?

I'll admit, I haven't been a fan of Remington for the most part for the past few years, but how does this gun compare?

I already own a few 1911s, but a guy is offering me one on a trade. I figure I might use it for Wild Bunch. Is it a series 80 trigger? I prefer 70.

I really like mine. Very accurate. Out performed my Colt Commander by a long shot, but then so did my Rock Island. I got rid of the colt. The R1 that I have is finicky about the ammo you feed it. My Rock Island eats anything I feed it to include lead rnfp.The R1 jams about every 3rd or fourth round with lead. I could fix that but I have too many other things going on right now. But I won't sell it, I like it

I bought one in July this year - it's very accurate and absolutely no problems so far with 200 gr cast SWC's, 200 grain cast RN's, 230 grain cast RN's, and a small assortment of ball and JHP's. All loads using AA#2, Bullseye, and Titegroup.

I really like mine. Very accurate. Out performed my Colt Commander by a long shot, but then so did my Rock Island. I got rid of the colt. The R1 that I have is finicky about the ammo you feed it. My Rock Island eats anything I feed it to include lead rnfp.The R1 jams about every 3rd or fourth round with lead. I could fix that but I have too many other things going on right now. But I won't sell it, I like it

The Rock Island is a fine gun,

Archived