SASS Wire Forum

Armand of AA Bullets has passed on

Artie Fly, SASS #25397

Got a call from Armand's wife Pat this morning that Double A passed away last week at age 79. Pat and AA ran AA Bullets from before I started shooting in '93 until the mid-2000s. They were one of the first vendors Sadie and I got to know. We met up a lot on the road until health issues slowed them down and eventually they sold the casting equipment to Badlands Ben and Shalako Joe. Don't know where the equipment is now but I'm sure it is still making bullets for SASS shooters. They were living in Henrietta, Texas. Pat will now move to Minnesota with their daughter. Our condolences and prayers go out to Pat and her family.

An old portrait from my archives can be seen at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yeeudp8qtlgr4g/AA-Pat%202002.jpg?dl=0

AA-Pat%202002.jpg?dl=0

Prayers for the family and friends ....God bless....Jim

Prayers on the way .

Prayers and condolences to Pat and her family. Can't remember when I wasn't using .44 caliber bullets of Armand's design. IIRC, Mastercraft of Tyler, TX, sells the bullets Armand designed and sold for many years. I never met AA in person, but talked with him by phone several times. A true gentleman. R.I.P., Pard!

Sincere condolences, and what a lovely portrait with which to recall fond memories. RIP

He was a good friend. A genius of bullet design. My prayers for the comfort of Pat and the rest of the family. I still use his bullets and think of Pat and Armand every time I do.

Joe

Archived