SASS Wire Forum

Run... Hide... Fight...

Anyone remember this Department of Homeland Security video from three years ago...? :mellow:

Given an opportunity. I will prefer, "shoot, move, shoot, move, move, shoot." Repeat. Repeat. Until all the vermin are dead, dead, dead.

Given an opportunity. I will prefer, "shoot, move, shoot, move, move, shoot." Repeat. Repeat. Until all the vermin are dead, dead, dead.

[/quote

Until the first responding officer shoots YOU dead dead dead

Thanks for bringing that video back, HP. Something we should keep in the back of our minds, unfortunately.

We keep hoping this "never happens to us" but it keeps getting closer all the time. I have not had a chance to talk to my cousin yet. I am interested in getting her perspective on things.

Shoot, hide, and walk away calmly when the dust settles.

Nope, edited out. Not worth mud wrestling a sow.

The scenario a police officer gets a call for a shooting in progress at an office complex. He rushes in toward the sound of the gun fire and screams. His adrenalin in flowing as he passes people fleeing toward him and pointing down the hall, as he turns the corner he spots an active shooter and ....

I see the problem. The bad guy just walked by the sign banning concealed weapons. (58 seconds in) It was low on the door and should have been more prominent.

Problem solved.

Or....Perhaps the sign was printed in the wrong language, wrong font, wrong text size, not at eye level, person could not read or a number of excuses. Perhap the shooter just (well ya-a) had an attitude problem.

The scenario a police officer gets a call for a shooting in progress at an office complex. He rushes in toward the sound of the gun fire and screams. His adrenalin in flowing as he passes people fleeing toward him and pointing down the hall, as he turns the corner he spots an active shooter and ....

And if you were not armed and actively shooting to save your life you could already be dead. You run the risk of dying like a lion or dying like a lamb, your choice. Personally I would exit stage right if I could long before engaging the shooter. If trapped or cornered I do my best to survive. If I escape and hear the shooter still shooting other people I return to his position seeking a tactical advantage. In other words I'd bushwhack him if I could and shoot him in the back if the opportunity presented itself.

+10000 ;)

Best be identifying themselves as an LEO in the process. Let's the good guy/gal have a chance to ID themselves and stand-down.

Archived