SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Chapel

Singin' Sue 71615

Congratulations on phase two and once again thanks for all your help at EOT....Chemo Sabe....aka Jim

I am looking forward to seeing the chapel someday. I hope to got to EoT in 2016, so we'll see. Of course, I'd really like to preach in it someday too!

I trust that Sgt. Shuster would yield the Chapel podium to you for one Sunday at EOT.

We should all applaud Singin Sue for all the effort she put into the chapel project! The woman worked tirelessly! It is beautiful sitting up on the hill like it does!

Ahhhh....you all are so sweet!

I am happy to do Chapel work, and so excited to see it progressing. :}

Jim, you were so happy, I didn't do anything more than 'lead the horse to water" !

Uriah....I am sure if you make it to EOT, you would be welcome to say a few words!!! Sgt. Shuster is our local FR pastor... so just get ahold of him or I, and we will get it going!

While we are on the subject...we had a full house, standing room type. So, we are in need of another 6 pews. I don't think they have to match....so please contact me if you hear or know of any available.

The last 11 pews came from Illinois to Broken Arrow, OK...where Shanley and I met them and brought them back to NM. SASS gave us the trailer to use and covered the gas!

We would be happy to pick up any pews, within reason.

Just so tickled about this...I've been smiling and singin' all day!!!!

Sue have you gotten with the different religious organizations to see if they are doing any remodeling at any of their venues. Then contact that house of worship and see if they are replacing their pews and if so would they transfer or donate them to you?

And if you find any between here and charleston sc I'd be happy to bring them back when I return this winter. I should be heading out in October and back in December or January. I should have room in my trailer or I'll be able to tie them down in the bed of the truck as I'm taking my truch and 20 enclosed trailer with my 4 wheeler in it and my scooter.

I checked out the progress of the Chapel today after shooting Wild Bunch. The building is insulated and the interior is being covered with light pine boards. It looks western and will be very light inside. There is supposed to be a time lapse video of the finishing work on YouTube. Will someone please post a link? It's on the SASS Facebook page just where Singin' Sue said it would be.

I can only imagine! I remember walking nearly every inch of the interior, seeing the details of all the work that had been done up to that point, the donated items, the podium, stained glass, everything. I would love to see the phase two. Uriah, there is nothing like preaching at EOT either, I'm sure Sgt Shuster would manage something if you can make it. Many thanks to Singin Sue and all the others who are making this happen.

• 2 weeks later...

The Chapel has an antique pump organ that sounds very nice and is maintained by the donor's maintenance donations. No piano.

The Chapel has an antique pump organ that sounds very nice and is maintained by the donor's maintenance donations. No piano.

Ooh! A Pumper! Those can have wonderful sound. They are a lot of work to play though. Still, it's good one to have, and sorta fits the feel of the old west. :)

Misty...so glad to see these posts....I have a Baldwin small chapel organ that you can have if you have any interest....been in storage for several years but is quite lovely ...glad to send pics.....Jim

https://www.facebook.com/sassnet?fref=ts

Cool. God IS Great indeed.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Aaahh, That SASS page. I was looking at the SASS page

And the SASS Public group page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2615256536/

And the SASS Cowboys.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SASSCOWBOYS/

and SASS Friends

https://www.facebook.com/groups/293237410699836/

So it is actually on the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) page.

No wonder i could not find it....

Clarity on such matter is helpful.

Misty...so glad to see these posts....I have a Baldwin small chapel organ that you can have if you have any interest....been in storage for several years but is quite lovely ...glad to send pics.....Jim

That's a very generous offer! My mother is a church organist, and I asked her about Baldwins. She says they are a classic church organ, and can have a nice sound.

Uriah... we have yet to have anyone play the organ, as I play biblical piano... my left hand knows not what my right hand doeth!!!!

We have had a couple of times with guitar... but mostly hymns are sung without instruments, and special music is usually by cd.

Services are reaching a great number!!!

We actually had TWO Wild Bunch services this year....as communication was lost on the earlier time set. Shanley was supprised, when I handed him the subject to preach on for that second service!!! He has been gracious and filled in a couple of years.... good man, that husband of mine!

Archived