SASS Wire Forum

Happy Birthday Davy Crockett!

Rye Miles #13621

I think Davey Crockett was probably my first hero as a very young boy. I remember waiting for Sunday night to watch The Wonderful World of Disney and sitting on the floor glued to the TV set. Those three or four episodes about Davey Crockett really impressed me at six years old. Hell, they would probably still impress me now. I think I will see if I can find them on DVD

I think Davey Crockett was probably my first hero as a very young boy. I remember waiting for Sunday night to watch The Wonderful World of Disney and sitting on the floor glued to the TV set. Those three or four episodes about Davey Crockett really impressed me at six years old. Hell, they would probably still impress me now. I think I will see if I can find them on DVD

Read that and thought "Was it really only 3 or 4?" Thought it was at least a dozen. Was 3 plus 2 later as Keelboat Race and River Pirates" A total of 5 shows. Now available on DVD as the two mini series combined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_(miniseries)

Read that and thought "Was it really only 3 or 4?" Thought it was at least a dozen. Was 3 plus 2 later as Keelboat Race and River Pirates" A total of 5 shows. Now available on DVD as the two mini series combined.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_(miniseries)

[That is good to know. Now I will get more hours of enjoyment out of the DVDs!/quote]

I am now living about 15 miles from his birthplace. He had a remarkable life, and always stayed true to his convictions, even when it cost him his seat in Congress.

He was known as "David Crockett" - "Davey" was an invention of Walt Disney.

Duffield

I am now living about 15 miles from his birthplace. He had a remarkable life, and always stayed true to his convictions, even when it cost him his seat in Congress.

He was known as "David Crockett" - "Davey" was an invention of Walt Disney.

Duffield

"Davey" fits the song lyrics better.

Can you imagine any congersman or sin-ator wearing a racoonskin cap? Maybe a skunkskin cap, like the youngster in John Wayne's "The Alamo" was wearing. :P

Only if they thought it would help them win an election.

Archived