SASS Wire Forum

POSSE CHORES

Blastmaster

Like most of ya all I'll do what ever needs doin' 'ceptin' TO which I'm not qualified ta do.

Though I will admit that I will usually lay back for 1 stage so I can talk to other cowboys and watch all the action and fun people are havin'.

But if'n I'm needed I do it without hesitation so everyone can have a good time.

Also I do try to pick and chose spottin' cause the eyes aren't as good as they used to be. I've called a few misses where the shooter has just nipped the target and that REALLY upsets me. If that happens I usually won't spot for the rest of the shoot cause it means me eyes ain't workin' right that day.

I also dislike goin' to the John cause they haven't invented zippers yet.

In order, which posse chores are the most desirable (easiest?) to the most undesirable?

For me, Score keeping and TO would be the most desirable & brassing is the least desirable.

How about you?

From easiest (desirable?) to the most undesirable...........

- brass picking, good pair of pickers and basket go a long way.

- loading/unloading tables.

- scoring

- spotting

- TO/RO

- resetting targets.

That's my opinion of easiest to hardest

For me personally, it's..........

- brass picking. It's easy with right equipment if you don't have to spot also.

- spotting

- TO/RO, would really prefer not to.....but always do.....everytime.

- score keeping

- resetting targets

- loading/unloading tables

Never thrown a golf club at a SASS match, in fact I don't even golf. I have thrown a golf club before though, just wanted to see how far I could throw one........

I also dislike goin' to the John cause they haven't invented zippers yet.

try doin' it in a skirt and petticoat and bloomers wit a buscardero gunbelt on.... :wacko::wacko: :wacko:

I like wranglers!! they have a zipper!!!!!

watch out for chinks with leather in the front and buckle in the back,,,, oy!!!!! don't need the zipper then!!!

- TO/RO, would really prefer not to.....but always do.....everytime.

Funny how even though you PREFER not to, you're one of the best TO's around.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

And then there's other chores never mentioned. Mowin, weedeatin, target painting, target setting, stage cleaning, it goes on...

oh, and one I don't consider a chore,,,,, helping others shoot better!!!

These can be more fun than the shoot. Hanging out and working with my best friends, a drink later on. Worth every drop of sweat. Wish I lived closer so I could do it more often.

These can be more fun than the shoot. Hanging out and working with my best friends, a drink later on. Worth every drop of sweat. Wish I lived closer so I could do it more often.

You are correct Slim! Work parties can be fun even if it is work!

CBG

I like the one that needs doin.

Although if I had to say one I don't like it's the Spotter/Brass Picker/Target Setter/Scorer all at once job.

Depends on the posse. My favorite is setting targets. If I'm standing I'd rather be moving. I'd rather run the timer than spot. I really don't like doing table duty but I'll do any job needed.

Funny how even though you PREFER not to, you're one of the best TO's around.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I'll add a +1 to that.....KK

We all have folks that either age, illness or injury has slowed them down a bit.

If you are one of these, take the loading or unloading table, where you can sit on a stool and still do a good job.

Also , score keeping is not just a gals job....also may sit to do the job.

Spotting from a stool is tricky....some do it, but I feel ya gotta move to see the targets!

with the pickers and buckets now....brass is an easy thing....was shocked when at a recent match, was told " I don't pick brass" ! Ha!! All is good, I just shot last on that stage.

Also, realize those with little ones to help, or pards sharing guns, need a little leeway on chores....they are working too!!!

It is pretty amazing how many folks actually do think brassing is beneath their dignity. There is NO need to bend over even a degree to do it. The brass grabber is a great invention available and affordable for ALL. I cannot wrap my head around anyone who has been at this for more than a month and does not possess one. To not take your turn at brassing is just work shirking. There I said it.

Do not get me started. One of my pet peeves is the palaverin' people. You know them. They think their only posse duties are to shoot and hang out uprange with the other palaverin' people palaverin'. Work shirkin' and lording over the rest plain and simple. I wish to heck they would stay home as they are nothing but an impediment to the posse inflicted with them

Archived