SASS Wire Forum

Congratulations to Blackhawk Henry for shooting and Fast Eddie for hosting

I want to congratulate my good friend (Dixie Pistols' ever lovin' husband) on his overall win at the Georgia State match. Great job Blackhawk!!!! You gotta face it my friend - you can flat shoot. Speaking of good job - I have another good friend that I want to congratulate - Fast Eddie. Wonderful match Eddie. I know a little about state matches. You put on, what was probably, the best one ever. I am proud of you and how you made Georgia look so good to the rest of the SASS world. This match could be known as the 'gold standard' for state matches from this point forward. The banquet was a little toasty (they don't call this Hotlanta for nothing) but the comradeship couldn't have been beaten - anywhere - anytime. Judge'em All Duncan - thanks for another well written, fun match. It was enjoyable to shoot with so many people, from all over the Southeast, all weekend. Did I say - GREAT MATCH? It was indeed great.

Where is the "LIKE" button when you need it?

Thank You to all the Cowboys & Cowgirls that helped make as Witch Doctors post states "The Gold Standard" of state matches. I am thankful for the dedication all involved with the organization of this match. Let's all remember how much fun we would loose if it weren't for those who helped.

Thanks for another Great memory at GA State Championships, and see Ya next year.

Hammer

Congratulations to all the GA Champions. Eddie gave us a wonderful venue to ply our talents.

I have to say it just one more time, and I know everyone is tired of hearing me, but boy did I love those blue targets outlined in white. This is the first SASS match I have actually been able to see EVERY target. I now know what it is like for the other 95% of the population that is not color challenged. No wonder you folks shot so fast.

Great Match and I for 1 didn't mind the vertical restage cactus.

It is hard to deal with AC problems in a venue you do not control, food was good too.

Thanks Eddie, Judge, Drifter and all involved in putting on this match.

Randy

Great match, we'll put it on the schedule for next year. Congratulations go to all the winners.

"Ennah Tizzy"shot another clean match and placed 2nd in Senior Ladies. I'm proud to be her husband of 38 years. The "Cracker

Crew" were well represented at this shoot.

Posse 10 was awesome!!!

Thanks to the whole crew who put this match together

M.M.

Great match - posse 5 was a great posse to play with - everyone pitched in and made the whole match run smoothly for us. We had a school teacher for a posse leader, but he didn't have to yell at us once! Several clean matches on out posse! And Swift Stoney could see the targets!

Congrats to my good friends !!!!!

Blackhawk henry & little Slick for there Over All wins

Well Done !!!!

ANYONE SEEN SCORES POSTED ?

I can't believe I left Little Slick out of the congrats list. On the same weekend that she graduated from high school, Slick's Sharp Shooter finished 5th overall in the Georgia State Championships among some pretty impressive competition. She shot a 10 stage match in 189 seconds. If you weren't there, you need to know that only one stage didn't involve a lot of running around.. (I know she cheats because she is young enough to actually run rather than shuffle) Many were six shotgun stages with the targets shot from multiple positions. Little Slick is an impressive young lady besides being one heck of a fine shooter. Congratulations on the match and on the graduation. Thanks for sharing your celebration with us.

Eddie--you, McKenzie River Drifter, Marauder, Krazy Kajun, Easy Rider, Judge'm All Duncan, Jake Dunson and the rest of the crew created a match unlike any I have ever shot--and I have been around! Terrific stories, scenarios, target sets, props and action. Good shooter's packets (love my new handgun cleaning kit and the beautiful metal emblem). Great buckles and plaques--there were awards for everything, including sponsors. Lots of vendors. A beautiful SKB 200E raffled away. Team and couples matches, man on man, side matches, BP and Wild Bunch--the choices were many. I got to see some impressive long-range shooting, something I enjoy away from CAS but have never seen with cowboy long guns. Fast Eddie and gang put a lot of thought into this match--as well as enormous physical energy--and it showed.

Judge wasn't kidding when he called it Bordertown East--targets were as big and close as they can safely be put. I was nonetheless able to reestablish the truth of that venerated old principle "no target too big and close to miss" on a stage sponsored by some screwball gunfighter. My last stage of the match, clean till then--and there stands Mongo--8' tall and 4' wide. Dump 10 on Mongo from the rifle, 10 from the revolvers and shoot 4 shotgun. Though I found it hard to believe, I apparently walked one pistol round off ol' Mongo--wish I had that one back.

Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to those who worked so hard to make this a genuinely memorable match. Oh and by the way--with the hundreds of other things on his mind, Fast Eddie saw my SKB hiccup on my second stage of the shoot and promptly retrieved his own for me to shoot the remaining 8 stages of the match with. No better example of the kind of people who make SASS and cowboy action shooting such a wonderful pastime.

Well I had quite a welcome home after the match.

I was just putting things back where they belong in the basement, when I heard something like an explosion! I turned to see water gushing out of my water filter. It had broken.

By the grace of God, it waited until just then, rather than an hour or a day earlier.

So, to make a long story short, (I know, too late :D ) I am just now getting the scores posted.

http://www.srscowboy.com/GA_state_15_match.htm

Marauder you are certainly forgiven. Had those folks looking for the scores attended the awards banquet they could have seen them at that time. One of the downsides for skipping out early. Oh, that's right, Kid Nama and I did that. Our bad and we promise to try to do better. It seems the older I get the more of a home body I become. After the shooting is done, I just want to retire to my steam room and bake out the aches and pains. Thank you for all your hard work in keeping us up to date on the statistics. Hope the plumbing problem did not turn out to be too difficult of a problem to deal with.

Swift Stoney was in a hurry to get home, but he took time to find me to see if we needed help tearing down the stages. Just the kind of a guy he is. Seer ya soon.

McKenzie

Wish I could have been there. All the reports are that it was a top notch match! The Cracker Crew had a ball and the stories are only making me feel worse about missing it. I love my job but damn this one hurts.

Congrats to Fast Eddie and Crew for putting on a heck of a match.

Congrats to Blackhawk Henry and Slick's Sharp Shooter for laying a "Smack Down" on the competition! Way to go!

Stan - who will be there next year!

Wish I could have been there. All the reports are that it was a top notch match! The Cracker Crew had a ball and the stories are only making me feel worse about missing it. I love my job but damn this one hurts.

Congrats to Blackhawk Henry and Slick's Sharp Shooter for laying a "Smack Down" on the competition! Way to go!

We missed you Stan. Working for a living does interfere with actual living. I can't tell you how great I thought this match was - the only thing that could have made it any better was you being here. The weatherman even complied - it was supposed to rain and didn't. All of the care and attention, that Fast Eddie pours into everything, was given to this match about twice over. He really earned his spurs - not that he will wear them. I can't remember the last time that Georgia shooters took top place overall in both the man's and lady's categories. Maybe it has never happened before since we do let all of you faster'n snot Florida shooters come up here and play - so we are extremely proud of Blackhawk and Little Slick. I think BH's days of 'sneaking up' on the competition may be over. Sorry about that work thing - please try not to let that happen again.

Witch Doctor

What a fantastic match! Well written stages and targets at the preferred shooter distance. The side matches went well and lots of folks to help run things. Couldn't ask for better weather either.

A huge congratulations to all the category winners and especially to Blackhawk Henry and Slick's Sharp Shooter for Top Overall Shooters. Way to go!

This is a bucket list match, so don't miss it next year.

+1 i know how ya feel!

Thanks to such a great crew for all their work!

• Fast Eddie for taking the lead and doing SOO much work of all kinds!
  • Krazy Kagun for his work with organizing the entries, posse's etc
  • The lady that did the book was Fantastic
  • Sherry Harrison (Pearl Grey) for her consistently great work with registration and scoring (and the loan of Easy Rider)
  • Jake Dunstan and Judge'em All Duncan for the stories and stages
  • Mines Taken and McKenzie's Sifter for help with registration, greeting folks, Costume Contest and filling in as needed everywhere
  • McKenzie River for his help and support
  • Annabel Lee for her help and encouragement
  • The Folks that ran side matches
  • The Posse Marshals
  • Sassy Teton Lady and Deadwood Woody for their super help with setup and organization.
  • The set up and tear down crews - many including New River Kid
  • Georgia's Slick's support

All the shooters that make this such a fun match to shoot with and visit.

And everyone else I forgot!!! :blink:

Oh, yes, I got the broken water filter replace and it is better than every.

I'd like to say THANKS to Fast Eddie for putting together a great match. My gang had a terrific time. I was missin' Stan and Tator but I was able to get over my sadness a little at the banquet. All kidding aside, I'd as soon take a whippin' as to shoot it without either one of ya in the future. I'd like to congratulate all of the winners from GA and from other parts. A great big congrats to Little Slick for her win and for her graduation and for just being a super terrific young lady. A huge congrats to my loving bride 'Dixie Pistols' for her state and overall BW championships and for winning the costume contest. Our buckaroo 'Phantom' took home the same set of prizes as his mama. Also, I'd like to say congrats to 'Side kick' and to 'Hawkeye Gin' for their 'shoot off' victories.

It was a fantastic turn out by the GA folks and we had great support from folks from many other locales and it was much appreciated. Fast Eddie did his dead level best to put on a first class, no holds barred, top notch event and I can't tell ya how much my gang appreciated his efforts. His crew worked like they were gettin' paychecks. I never saw Mckenzie River Drifter at the match when he wasn't working and it was impossible to catch the New River Kid not totin' steel. It was a great time for us and I hope everyone else enjoyed the match.

Thank the hard working Georgia group for a fun and entertaining championship shoot. Fast Eddie foreseeing and solving any issues that came up with his hard working team. TN / KY RVer’s for afternoon and evening hospitality and posse #6 for enjoyable team mornings. Congrats to Blackhawk Henry and Slick's Sharp Shooter showing us how it is done in style. Will be back.

Marauder you missed one. His name is Marauder and he is our computer guru. Many thanks for you help. Congrats to all who shot the best match I have ever shot. Hope we see you all next year

McKenzie

Blackhawk...

I don't think Greenhorn is a term that can be used to describe you with regards to shooting anymore.

Congratulations to you and your family for the accomplishments achieved both on the range, and off.

Tell Phantom I'm proud of him.

See you next week... Cant wait to see your horsemanship too... don't try that Greenhorn stuff for that either. Ive seen you doing that too.

Archived