SASS Wire Forum

Want to visit Winter Range

Rootin Tootin

I will be in Phoenix February 25th and 26th with family and want to swing by and visit Winter Range, renew some friendships with folks I shot with in Australia as well as pard's from the US, and visit the vendors...Any special deals for SASS members on entrance and limitations on viewing stages......Any dress code???? Any advice is appreciated.......

I wont be shooting this year but sure hoping to get down there next year. It's a long poke from Northeast Iowa and requires some planning.....

Regards...........Rootin Tootin SASS 21707

Won't cost you a red cent to come on out! Bring eye and ear protection for any of your spectator gang.

You will be free to get up to a boundary rope that separates the shooters from the spectators and the walkway for pards pushing carts to the next stage. Several stages you will be able to see quite a bit. Others, the permanent props will mean you can see some but not all of the targets, and sometimes even keeping an eye on the shooter is hard because positions are inside major building-type props.

Look for the posse list on the main bulletin board next to the first aid HQ to find the specific posse (out of about 30+) that any pard you are interested in finding is shooting on. Then, in the shooter's handbook, you can find when that posse is on a particular stage (ask to look at a shooter's handbook from some pard waiting around the stage). There are three different shooting waves, early, mid day and late, so any shooter is only out on the line for four stages each day, and may not even be at the range the rest of the time.

And, you can shop the vendors all you want, too! Bring lots of extra cash and cards!

Good luck, GJ

If you want get a conventioneers badge and you able to go any where and shoot anything except the main match iirc. Otherwise it's a gate pass and what that allows iirc behind the ropes for viewing unlike the conventioneer badge which you can visit with the posse on the stage if they allow it.

Be sure to be in your cowboy duds, don't want you look'n like no city slicker or California tourist visiting cowboy country!

TB

No conventioneers or gate passes at WR. Come on out. It's free to all (except the shooters)

I am pretty sure that you can get a conventioneer pass for about $55 which allows you to register for side matches, warm up matches, seminars etc.

http://www.winterrange.com/conventioneer.html

My wife comes down with me to see some family and friends in Phoenix and I get her a guest badge so she can come to the firing line with the posse to take pictures and videos (so long as she dresses cowboy which she does a better job of than I do :D )

http://www.winterrange.com/guestbadge.html

Regards

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I am pretty sure that you can get a conventioneer pass for about $55 which allows you to register for side matches, warm up matches, seminars etc.

http://www.winterrange.com/conventioneer.html

My wife comes down with me to see some family and friends in Phoenix and I get her a guest badge so she can come to the firing line with the posse to take pictures and videos (so long as she dresses cowboy which she does a better job of than I do :D )

http://www.winterrange.com/guestbadge.html

Regards

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I stand augmented!

All the friends and family that have come out with me have come in free, as is still possible.

Good luck, GJ

Be sure to be in your cowboy duds, don't want you look'n like no city slicker or California tourist visiting cowboy country!

TB

And what's wrong with a California tourist?? Our money is just a good and besides maybe we are thinking of moving here...I think about it a lot...

TL

I did not shoot the 2014 match, kept score for Billy Boots' possee with Evil Roy's daughter and wandered around with my daughter visitin. A great match to shoot...or wander around.

Archived