SASS Wire Forum

Siege at St. Augustine - Man on Man "Raid on the Siege" - Challenge

Santa Fe River Stan,36999L

The Roughshod Raiders are proud to present the Man on Man "Raid on the Siege" Challenge at the 2015 Florida State Championship on Sidematch Day, January 8th.

If you have ever wanted to participate in the "Man on Man" shoot-off in FL but haven't made the "Top 32" yet, then here's your chance to run the same course that will be used on Sunday and feel the "rush" of head to head competition. This is an all knockdown event to benefit the SASS Scholarship Fund.

Individual Challenges and Teams......$1 per run benefiting the SASS Scholarship Fund

9am to 1pm - Individuals - You can knock heads with whomever you want to challenge. Head to Head runs for individuals using the exact set up for the Sunday Shoot-off. Bring a buddy to the line and see who comes out on top. No awards just braggin rights.

9am to 1pm - Teams - Form a 3 person team and have at it. This will be a timed event and only one team will run at a time. These are not head to head runs. There will be awards for the top team.

1pm to ???? - Man on Man "Raid on the Siege" Challenge

Open to all shooters and there is a $5 entry to benefit the SASS Scholarship fund. This a bracketed head to head competition. Once everyone has signed up names will be drawn and the brackets created. Sign up will be open at 9am.

The winner of the final run will receive this custom badge donated by the Roughshod Raiders.

raiderschallenge.jpg

Stan

PS..... Don't be skeered!!!!!!!

TOO COOL!!!

I'm in for sure.

Wanted to do this at Ft White but just plain ran outta time.

Thinkin' I'll probably have to use that little thingy on the end of the barrel...what's it called...oh yeah, the sight. :lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

You dont need the sights, you know that. I'm in, I love to shoot against them fellows who use their sights.

Earp, you had better bring some real bullets if you want to play with knock downs.

Crabshack and Yazoo City Gal, hot dang, sounding better all the time.

Thanks for having the man on man after the wild bunch Stan. Are you going to have a female on female? Not in the bad sense, Foxy was just asking, she said she would hate to knock you out in the first round.

Cardboard Cowboy

You dont need the sights, you know that. I'm in, I love to shoot against them fellows who use their sights.

Earp, you had better bring some real bullets if you want to play with knock downs.

Who says there's no pressure bein' an Outlaw?

OK, no sights. But I reserve the right to shoot two-handed SQUAW Outlaw. :lol:

Waimea

Thanks for having the man on man after the wild bunch Stan. Are you going to have a female on female? Not in the bad sense, Foxy was just asking, she said she would hate to knock you out in the first round.

Cardboard Cowboy

:lol:

Foxy's trash talkin Stan.

I love it.

Waimea

So there's only one badge. I think Hawkeye Gin proved that Girl Power should be feared. Just ask Christian Mortician whom she whupped in the final run at Givhans Ferry this past weekend.

On any given run anything can happen. You'll just have to sign up and see what happens.

Stan

PS. Let's see how it evolves. We will consider a ladies bracket if there is enough interest.

OK I'll shoot wild bunch run over and have a rematch with cardboard on the shoot off then go shoot BP.....................

Woo Hoo !!!!!

Chicken Scratch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Look at the first post.....I replaced the computer generated image with this real picture.

raiderschallenge.jpg

Stan

Got it....I needa another cupa java! :blink:

I really think there should be an OUTLAW TEAM.

I'm working with Kingfish Dave on the Speed Pistol but could probably get relief to shoot.

Waimea

Count me in! B)

Shotgun is my specialty for the 3 man OUTLAW team!

Yes ma'am...Yazoo City Gal runs her double like a rented mule when she shoots Outlaw....a thing of beauty to watch.

Count me in! B)

Shotgun is my specialty for the 3 man OUTLAW team!

Cool. If TT and Earp sign up I won't need relief on the speed pistol side match.

Whiskey Creek Johnson hasn't been heard from yet either.

I think my work here is done.

Waimea

I must say Creek runs a fast rifle, and there is no one faster with a double than my girl friend Yazoo, might make an interesting team. As for me, I plan to be at the challenge with a fist full of dollars. Kind of like a best man at a bachelor party.

We are packing the RV now, not sure if we will pull out Saturday or Sunday yet but we will be there soon. Cant get here quickly enough.

On my confirmation letter it has:

Long Range Lever Action Rifle (Pistol & Rifle calibers)

Derringer

Iron Man

Speed Pistol

Speed Rifle

Speed Shotgun

Pocket Pistol

Archived