SASS Wire Forum

Someone Wasn't Thinking

Subdeacon Joe

Oh the things I've seen at boat ramps. :D

But I never laughed out loud at anybody.

But I never laughed out loud at anybody.

YEA, RIGHT........................ ^_^

I just figure they already have enough to deal withwithout my cackling.

Course I was always sober at boat ramps.

Anything that involves week end warriors/sailors, boats, and mechanical devices, can be an source

of endless amusement. The beginning of the week end is dangerous, but the end of the week end is

downright scary.

Suspect the driver left his seat and either forgot to set the parking brake and put it in park or... Did both and there was not enough friction between the rear wheels and the ramp to stop it from sliding.

Did you hear the guy in the video keep telling his girl to quit laughing so loud?

One thing I have never mixed is alcohol and salt water.

Saw too many nasty boat accidents in my time.

Folks don't seem to realize that the tires on a vehicle most likely are filled with AIR which makes them FLOAT.

Time and again people will try to drive through flood waters over a roadway because it doesn't look all that deep,

Only to float off the road and dire things happen.

I suspect that the rear tires of that van had very little contact with the boat ranp and wave movement moved it off

into the oblivion. Thankfully the dang fool got out alive.

One thing I have never mixed is alcohol and salt water.

Yeah, it tastes awful. But mixing alcohol and fresh water should only be done in a glass. A lady I worked with drowned in the Ohio River after a drunk boater hit the boat she was in.

(Okay, I admit calling the Ohio "fresh water" is a stretch.)

The boat ramp at Lake Ferguson, Greenville, MS is off the main levee there and is very steep. It was hard enough to move your foot from brake to gas while releasing the clutch and giving it enough without stalling. Danged hairy sober much less full of beer!!!! Was I glad for auto transmissions.

Ramps also tend to get algae growth. Not good traction on slime.

You aught to be at a ramp when some joker drives his Amphicar into the water. I was out fishing some docks a couple of years ago when someone with a real pretty blue Amphicar drove it into the water. I just about had a heart attack. Then I saw him laughing an putting around. Apparently he does that just to mess with people. Jeez.... lol

Archived