SASS Wire Forum

Ruckus in the Nations - Oklahoma's State Championship

Oklahomabound

Yes folks, it is indeed time to plan and sign up for your September shoots!

And one of the best, Ruckus in the Nations, is happening September 18th through the 21st.

Here is the link to the signmeupform - http://www.itsass.net/2014_Ruckus_in_the_Nations_Entry_Form1.pdf :o

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and you asked what? "Who is/are the Match Director(s)?

Well, we are pleased to announce that Burly Bill & Catoosa Red have graciously consented to be the Match Directors for Ruckus in Nations!

...and yes these are the same folks that were the Match Directors for that outstanding shoot held at Woolaroc at the end of May - that being Pursuit into the Osage Nation

I enjoyed Woolaroc and plan on being there for Ruckus.

Irish Tom

I enjoyed Woolaroc and plan on being there for Ruckus.

Irish Tom

...It's great hearin' from ya.... The range is cleanin' up right nice...

Woooieee! that time already? Me and Tanga will be there for sure!

...well, ya'll just need to get them bullets all loaded... ...and we be plannin' for great weather too!!!

Ruckus in the Nations: Wow! A fantastic shoot put on by fantastic folks. Lots of fun especially on side matches, team events and so on.

Can't make it this year but hopefully there again in 2015.

Thanks to all as we had a great time in 2013.

Jackrabbit & Sly puppy

Peoria, Arizona

Might consider headin' east if there was a WB match included. Without it, nope.

Attendance would surely be enhanced if a WB match could be scheduled ancillary to the main match. As part of the festivities on Thursday, f'rinstance.

I don't shoot it (always wanted to and fully intend to SOMEday), but inclusion of a Plainsman mini match would surely pull in some more folks.

Lone Dog.... Do they Allow Texans ?

And do you have your shots yet ?.... Whatever you do, Dont drink the water :D

Actually I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go.... A Wild Bunch match would make my decision easier though.

Ruckus in the Nations: Wow! A fantastic shoot put on by fantastic folks. Lots of fun especially on side matches, team events and so on.

Can't make it this year but hopefully there again in 2015.

Thanks to all as we had a great time in 2013.

Jackrabbit & Sly puppy

Peoria, Arizona

...hate that ya'll can't make it this ... ...but we'll be seeing in 2015!!

Might consider headin' east if there was a WB match included. Without it, nope.

Attendance would surely be enhanced if a WB match could be scheduled ancillary to the main match. As part of the festivities on Thursday, f'rinstance.

I don't shoot it (always wanted to and fully intend to SOMEday), but inclusion of a Plainsman mini match would surely pull in some more folks.

Thanks for your input... but as our signmeupform indicates--no WB match; howsomever, you can shoot Frontiersman Gunfighter the whole match if'n you be so inclined...

Lone Dog.... Do they Allow Texans ?

And do you have your shots yet ?.... Whatever you do, Dont drink the water :D

Actually I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go.... A Wild Bunch match would make my decision easier though.

...Texans are certainly encouraged to come on up this way... ....it's a great shoot, tremendous folks, and did I mention that we really eat well....

...if you read that thar signmeupform right close... you'll read that if'n you want to shoot another category other than those listed; all you gotta do is find 2 more folks whut will shoot this new category wit you--so 3's the number to add a new category....

...yes, by popular request we've started the now famous "Ruckus in the Nations" countdown clock:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140918T08&p0=402&msg=Ruckus+in+the+Nations

...just click on the link and it'll give you days, hours, minutes, and seconds until the Oklahoma State SASS Championship

...hey there Oklahoma Dee!!! ...good to hear from you and thanks for lettin' the foks 'ere 'bouts know about "Ruckus in the Nation"

...speakin' of side matches; 'ere be the offering:

Thursday
12:00am – 4:00pm Side Matches
Big Bore Single Shot,
Big Bore Rifle Caliber Lever Action,
Fastest Pistol Caliber Rifle,
Fastest Pistol,
Fastest Shotgun (’87, ’97, SXS & Hammered)
Pocket Pistol,
Derringer,
Gunfighter,
.22 Rifle,
.22 Pistol,
Trail Walk.
More fun than is allowed... -_-

...remember the Match Fee includes lunch for Friday& Saturday and Saturday Banquet!

...it is just a mere 82 days until "Ruckus in the Nations"

...and 'ere be the "Ruckus in the Nations" schedule:

Thursday 8:00am &1:00pm ROII Course (am) and ROI Course

Thursday 9:00am – 4:00pm Check In

Thursday 12:00am – 4:00pm Side Matches

Friday 7:30 – 8:30am Check In 9:00am Welcome/Safety Meeting, Main Match 6:00pm Side Match/Costume awards and Pot Luck Dinner (at the range), Please bring a covered dish or dessert.

Saturday 9:00am Main Match, 6:00pm Awards Banquet

Sunday 9:00am Team Matches, Husband & Wife, Man on Man

...by the way, this be us:

itsasslogo1.gif

...and the name of our town is Buzzard Gulch; located in the heart of the Osage Nation, Indian Territory; and we be an integral part of the:

trcgclogo.gif

Pity we have to be back in Australia to renew our visas!!

Will only be back mid Oct.

Maybe we could just go down to Mexico and be bussed across and get a free ride everywhere??

Pity we have to be back in Australia to renew our visas!!

Will only be back mid Oct.

Maybe we could just go down to Mexico and be bussed across and get a free ride everywhere??

...I'm thinkin' ya'll should go 'ere, http://embassy-finder.com/australia_in_honolulu_usa for a week holiday and appeal to them to renew ya'll's visas!!!

...whut time iz it you ask... ...well, I'll for sure telling that we think it iz...

69 days 8 hours 44 minutes 40 seconds
...until "Ruckus in the Nations"...

...is it late or early... ...this time of the day/night always confuses me... ...how many days until Ruckus in the Nation???

It was good to hear from my good friend and pard, Cherokee Charlie! He won't be coming to Ruckus in the Nations do to health reasons; but he is still kickin', and that's good news...

...if'n you were wonderin' just 'ow to get to Buzzard Gulch, the directions are found 'ere:

http://www.itsass.net/ITSASSdirections.pdf

...our Match Directors say that the signmeupforms are comin' in fast and furious...

...gotta great start towards a great shoot!!!

...and just think, it is a mere 65 days until "Ruckus in the Nations"

...speakin' of eatin'; here be a pic of the 2013 big award banquet...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l526/ItsassRedCastle/2013%20-%20Ruckus%20in%20the%20Nations/Awards22_zps8423b9f4.jpg :D ...mighty fine eats it wuz too!

...pics of some of our better shooters...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l526/ItsassRedCastle/2013%20-%20Ruckus%20in%20the%20Nations/HannahCallEchoBelleampAnniesShadow_zps582dd0f6.jpg

This be Hannah Call, Echo Belle, & Annie's Shadow...

...Smokin' Okie is busy filling out the roster for w**kers for the many and various side matches....

..."Ruckus in the Nations" iz takin' shape!!!

Archived