SASS Wire Forum

To ALL Match Volunteers....and SASS Members....Please read

My family spent this past weekend at the Georgia State Match.....My oldest son Dominator has been away at his first year in college, so shooting has not been part of his life very much and going to this match was a big deal for him. He's not a wire guy but he posted something on Facebook that I think deserves to be here.......If you ever wondered if you efforts as a volunteer are worth it....keep reading to see his thoughts on a picture of everyone at the Saturday Night Banquet. I know it goes far beyond just those that were in attendance. It goes out to all SASS members.

These people, these wonderful people, God bless you all. I love every single one of you on a unique way, defined by our relationship over the past 10 years of my SASS life. From old to new shooters, close friends seen weekly or long lost friends seen only once in a while, you have all helped me turn into who I am today. Without this sport, without you, I'd be such a different person. Whenever I feel lost or alone I only need to go to a match to feel home and safe. You all are my friends, you all are my family, and I would do anything for you, for you've always been there for me. I sit in the back of the car on the way home from the awards tonight with a tear forming in my eye as I think of all the fun, love and happiness you have helped me feel. You have done so much for me just by inviting me into this crazy family and all I can say is thank you for the most valuable memories I will ever make. I love each and every one of you in you own special way.
Dominator #62912

Without all the volunteers in the SASS community this wouldn't be possible.....Thank You for all you do!

Stan....One Proud Papa!

I wish the LIKE button worked on this thing!!!! Stan you got one GRREAT son there! It was a joy to shoot with him and all the cowboys and cowgirls on our posse. :D

Cheatin'

Dominator is one special young man.

You have a right to be proud, Papa.

Well done. :excl:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Very cool....thanks for sharing that with us Stan. I've heard your son's alias before but never put a name with the face.

I also sat close to your family early Sunday morning during breakfast as the Hampton Inn and it was nice seeing how your family interacted with each other...you can tell your family is close.

Hi Stan,

I love it! His message gave me goose bumps. Thanks for posting. :)

I feel the same way. I just attended Defend the Roost for the first time and made some new BFFs, saw some old BFFs, and acquired another alias to my alias. Gotta :wub: the teasing and comraderie shown by our SASS family for each other.

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

When you see folks regularly, you take things for granted. I see this family a lot and my wife and I try to spend time with them when we can. I am not going to get into what "Stan and Company" and the Bernal Family means to me, but now a lot of you are seeing what we have come to appreciate and frankly what keeps me and Darlin' in this game.

Better folks you will never meet and I am proud to call them friends. Dom is going to be a great artist one day, but his post to facebook was touching to say the least.

Great post and a good reminder of why we do what we do.

My boy just finished his first year at college (must be about same age as your son). He grew up around muzzle loader shooters and has much the same feelings.

Young men like Dominator and my boy Daniel do give us old guys hope for the next generation. From the evening news one would think the next generation is nothing but a bunch of lost bums. It's not true, there are some truly fine young men and women out there, wish they got more recognition

Guitar Slinger (Jeff)

Stan, it was my pleasure to meet you at St. Augustine 2013, sorry I did not meet Dominator.

How wonderful that was to hear the things your son the Dom. had to say. Trust me Stan, this

young man will do great in life. Sure hope to get back to Fl. St. Shoot in future and meet more folks.

...crosscut hardy

Dom is one very special young man with truly exemplary set of parents who have guided and shown him the real meaning of personal honor and values. I'm extremely confident that Little Livvy and Cracker Dan will be nurtured in the same way and grow into admirable young folks...just like their big brother "Bubba" :D

That is one fantastic family indeed and I'm super proud of them all!

Thank you Stan for sharing. As expressed numerous times, Pat and I think the world of that son of yours. His feelings toward those in the SASS family comes as no surprise as he gets the love and respect from all of us in return for what he gives to each of us. You certainly have the right to be proud. And trust me we all share that pride with you. Dom is a very special young man.

Thanks for posting Dom's words of wisdom from Facebook. It reminds me of how many great people that Mad Man and myself have been lucky enough to know and shoot with!

Archived