SASS Wire Forum

You done good, Kid.

Subdeacon Joe

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-8-year-old-turns-20-into-priceless-gift/

TOLEDO, Ohio -- At the Ohio Air National Guard base near Toledo, Lt. Col. Frank Dailey still can't believe the honor recently bestowed upon him.

"It's incredible being recognized in such a manner," he says.

It happened at a Cracker Barrel, of all places. As the security camera shows, Dailey entered the restaurant on Feb. 7 for an early lunch. At about the same time, 8-year-old Myles Eckert came in with his family.

Myles was very excited. He'd just found a $20 bill in the parking lot. He'd started thinking of what he could spend it on.

"I kind of wanted to get a video game, but then I decided not to," Myles says.

He changed his mind when he saw the guy in uniform.

"Because he was a soldier, and soldiers remind me of my dad," Myles explains.

And so, with his dad in mind, Myles wrapped the $20 in a note that read, "Dear Soldier -- my dad was a soldier. He's in heaven now. I found this 20 dollars in the parking lot when we got here. We like to pay it forward in my family. It's your lucky day! Thank you for your service. Myles Eckert, a gold star kid."

Nothing but class.

His own dad's smilin'!!

What a good young man, and what a great job his Mom has obviously done in raising him since He never really me this Dad.

There are a LOT of really good younger folks out there - we see and hire them in large numbers - hope for the future of our Republic!

What a good young man, and what a great job his Mom has obviously done in raising him since He never really me this Dad.

There are a LOT of really good younger folks out there - we see and hire them in large numbers - hope for the future of our Republic!

A huge number. But we rarely get their stories in the press. Not enough drama.

Well... my monitor got sorta blurry....

Must be contagious.

Mine too.

Archived