SASS Wire Forum

DCOM warning, anyone else experience this?

I'll try it

I've got a feeling it was in ALEKS 3.18,,,,,

that puter is running scan again, that popped up big time...

oh great!!! it said it found something wrong with the dcom thingy, cleaned and and then wanted to reboot, now it can't bet past the very beginning of turning on!

how? it's just a black screen

yup, but ?

If you need to just wipe the drive and start over installing the operating system you'll need to put your Windows program CD in the drive and then boot it up. The computer will then boot from the CD drive and begin the Windows installation process.

sadly, it is at home up north, I'll have to have my daughter mail it to me,,,...

That is where I was going. The other option is to buy a utility software package at a computer store that lets you boot the machine from disk and wipe the drives. Or, as a last resort, take the system or the drive to the geek squad and have them wipe and reload.

I can get it to go to start up, and I've tried every option, but it wont go anywhere after that,,,,,,

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i KEPT forcing shutdowns until the repair startup popped up....

we'll see how it goes from here

mt, thanks for that tip,,,,,

I still think it's the anti virus programs that caused the proplems.... :o

AVG Internet Security

Free version available and works very well

Pay version adds some bells and whistles

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i KEPT forcing shutdowns until the repair startup popped up....

we'll see how it goes from here

mt, thanks for that tip,,,,,

I still think it's the anti virus programs that caused the proplems.... :o

I did a google search based on one of your earlier posts, and it turns out that there have been a number of people reporting this problem after installing AVG. If you do the same, you'll see what I mean.

Personally, I picked up a nasty "FBI" type virus while I had AVG installed. It took "Spybot Search and Destroy", (free), to get rid of it. I also got rid of AVG, and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. It's also free, and I haven't had any problems since.

Our computer tech said my machine had an " ID 10 T" problem. took me a while to figure it out.

Sometimes I sure cuss this machine, but I also wonder how I ever got by without it!

Pretty Boy, you probably have a bad ground wire!!!!!! It is a known fact that all that heat and humidity in Florida will corrode wire connections. If you would stay up here where it is cold and dry

you probably would not have that problem. :D:lol::D:lol:

Drats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It kicked off of browser and now won't allow me to open any three of my browsers, IE, Firefox or GChrome.

Ran windsow malicious hardware search, clean, running Microsoft Ess, now....

Deleted Aleks 3.18

I need to shut it down now,,,,

before I shut it down the DCOM came back!!!

Drats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It kicked off of browser and now won't allow me to open any three of my browsers, IE, Firefox or GChrome.

Ran windsow malicious hardware search, clean, running Microsoft Ess, now....

Deleted Aleks 3.18

I need to shut it down now,,,,

You deleted it, but may have gone into the recycle bin. Before shutting down, mt the recycle bin. Run your anti virus again. Don't shut down, rather re-start or hibernate. If you have PC Matic, it will empty it for you when run. I use Webroot and it cleared several bad viruses out.

When coming back up, keep checking your programs, if not deleted it will slide back in.

One way I have found these boogers is using start menu, type restore in. Pick the earliest date possible to restore the computer and setting to that time. Sometimes to start up, kill all power, if laptop, pull battery, then power back up, going to safe mode start=up. It took me several times, but was able to remove the virus completely.

Also GOOGLE CHROME has caused problems for many. I had it, and had serious problems trying to get rid of things. Finally took Google Chrome out.

Your doing good, just keep at it, soon you'll be a super-duper computer geek. MT

Can't prove it by me. I've had an I Mac for over a year now and it works absolootley fantabulous! :lol: No virus, no glitches, nothing but pure enjoyment!

Rye

Took mine to the Apple store and down loaded the Maverick program and got hacked right after ! And I do have a newer IMAC also.......

I got it to work again,,, I try the other steps...

I got it to work again,,, I try the other steps...

I am glad this is happening to you and not me, I would have shot it already and I can't afford a new computer right now.

ok, ran spybot, couple times before I asked it how to name me as administrator, maybe cleared now, BUT

now I can't turn the speaker on, before it had some app or whatever running and I would hear commercials when ever it was on...

I had the same prob about 2 years ago. So ingrained and vicious that I had to wipe her clean and reinstall all operating systems. Saved most of my data. Once you get her done...also look at Super Anti Spyware free version and Malwarebytes Anti Malware free version. ou must check yer kit at least monthly. Bastards are out there just waiting to get to you puter and crash it. Makes no sense to me, but they are out there in the least expected places. Avast is a decent program and lets you know if you hit a virused page immediately. Sorry for your plight, but this too shall pass.

speaker back on, but when turned on still getting commercials thru it.

trying to fix error code 80070490, go to micro support and still get errors.....it won't let me do updates....ugh,,,,

IE has gotten so slow i won't use it and rely on firefox....

Archived