SASS Wire Forum

My future "Wish I had bought that."

Mack Hacker, #60477

Everyone has a list in the back of their minds of the guns they wish they had bought when they had a chance,

Fifty years ago, I dealt for my first "Alphabet Bearcat" (Ser W864). Over the years, I have accumulated five more of this series with different letter prefixes. I was surprised this morning to find, on Gunbroker, Ser W865.

I knew this was going to hurt my gun fund when I found it. Then I opened up the pictures and scanned them very carefully to grade the condition. In the end, I had to conclude that the price and the condition just did not add up to a smart purchase.

Wonder how long it will take until this makes my "Wish I had bought it" list.

We all have wish list.Your 58s. ( I WISH)

When I was dealing guns I had so many cool guns that went thru my shop not to mention the $175,000 Luger collection I brokered, it still boggles my mind.

Sometimes while hanging around the Range, one of my friends and former customers will say, "Remember that so and so you had (or) you sold me". Often times I don't.

So I say, "Boy, I wish I'd kept that."

Fillmore

I have a list of guns, I'd wished I had kept!

Ringer

Only one - Colt Anaconda .44 Rem Mag with 8 3/8" barrel. Bought it new in '96 and had to sell it in '98 to put food on the table after getting married and having a kid. Let it go for $300. Wish I could find that one, or one like it for a reasonable price.

Everyone has a list in the back of their minds of the guns they wish they had bought when they had a chance,

Fifty years ago, I dealt for my first "Alphabet Bearcat" (Ser W864). Over the years, I have accumulated five more of this series with different letter prefixes. I was surprised this morning to find, on Gunbroker, Ser W865.

I knew this was going to hurt my gun fund when I found it. Then I opened up the pictures and scanned them very carefully to grade the condition. In the end, I had to conclude that the price and the condition just did not add up to a smart purchase.

Wonder how long it will take until this makes my "Wish I had bought it" list.

It was on your "Wish I had bought it" list when you posted this. A consecutively numbered pair of Bearcats from an era when people didn't think to get a pair, let alone a consecutively numbered pair. Yep, it's already ON the list!

I have a list of guns, I'd wished I had kept!

Ringer

Yep and mines bigger than the "wished I bought" list.

some of the ones I wish I bought,

1) Colt Python 4 inch in .38 special only(was from a run of guns trying for NYPD contract) Brand new in boc $300.00

2) Uzi 9mm carbine, right before the import ban,$250.00 new in box

3) EMF 73,20 inch barrel in .357 at Mule Camp 2000 for a heck of a lot less than what they go for today

I once had a small collection of Pythons..... once up a time.

PLUS, I've owned about 1/2 dozen Smith model .41's with different barrel lengths, etc.

I sure wish I had my Hi Standard Victor also.

I even owned a Smith model .45-5, which as many of you might know, was chambered for .45 Colt. AND, I even had the original wooden type box that it came in.

I better go now before the tears start to flow.

..........Widder

Archived