SASS Wire Forum

Ya know ya have it bad when......

Have a couple canners going on the stove top making a batch of Salsa. Hmmmm thinks I... with all this steam going...I'll reshape a cowboy hat!!!

CPK

And they'll smell great! :D

I figures I'll stand near my competion at shoots and thar eyes will start burnin and waterin. Then they can't see the target!!!

CPK

Just be careful you don't let the sweat run into your eyes. ;)

Have a couple canners going on the stove top making a batch of Salsa. Hmmmm thinks I... with all this steam going...I'll reshape a cowboy hat!!!

CPK

Chili, I read this to Catherine last night, and she just busted out laughing.

This man, CPK makes one of the best salsas I have ever eaten.

He calls it "Cat Killer Salsa".

This man, CPK makes one of the best salsas I have ever eaten.

He calls it "Cat Killer Salsa".

No cat's were harmed in the making of last night's salsa!!

CPK

Well Noz let the cat out of the bag (forgive the pun).So here is the full story.

I have a back yard garden and love to grow my own tomatoes, peppers and use them to make salsa. I entered it at the Iowa State Fair for canned salsaand have won 2 blue ribbons, a 2nd and 3rd place ribbon in 6 years of competing. I also take salsa & chips to most shoots to for a treat when the day is done. One of the peppers that I use is Caribbean Red Habaneros. These peppers are twice as hot as regular habaneros and when I stand at the sink chopping them up the fumes are terrible and drive my family from the house and send me into a coughing fit. I found this double fan that will fit in the window above the sink and I exhaust the fumes out and it helps a lot. Now when this incident happened the peppers that year were the hottest I’ve ever had, they were pure fire!!

The wife and kids had been warned and left the house. So I was standing there chopping with my salsa making gear on, jean shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, a mask, rubber kitchen gloves, chili pepper apron and a straw cowboy hat. The exhaust fan was on high when I heard a horrible noise…YEEEOWWW!! I ran out on the deck and the neighbor’s cat “Bandit” was lying on the deck railing (right by the window with the fan) having a fit of some kind. I scooped up Bandit (whom had stopped breathing) and ran over to the neighbor’s house. When they answered the door I had to do some fast talking because I’m standing there wearing a mask, rubber kitchen gloves, chili pepper apron and straw cowboy hat with a dead Bandit in my arms!!

Chili Pepper Kid

hmmm salsa? I have salsa every morning with my venison and eggs and pineapple... yummy

pb

hmmm salsa? I have salsa every morning with my venison and eggs and pineapple... yummy

pb

I'll bring salsa to Gunsmoke.

cool,,,, or should I say hot!

pb

Archived