SASS Wire Forum

Captain Bill Burt

Very cool!

Reminds me of watching slicks little ones shoot at Comin' at Cha.

Thats gotta be a good feeling.

Ringer

Strength is definitely an issue for him. That Stoeger is right at the edge of what he can handle, that's why he's tucking the stock under his armpit when he reloads, he doesn't have the strength to hold it on his shoulder with only one hand. He's also having trouble opening it, it's pretty stiff. With the cutdown stock recoil is much easier for him to handle now. He needs to put on weight, at 57 pounds, 4'4" he's pretty skinny.

The pistols and rifle are easy for him though, he's practicing with them regularly and getting much smoother.

Way to go Pard ! :)

One of the things I liked about it was his focus and calm. He mentioned several times during lunch that he was clean and wanted to stay that way, but he didn't seem nervous about it afterwards when we shot stages 5 and 6. Me on the other hand, whew stage six was nerve wracking.

I'm really pleased that he isn't trying to hurry, we're just working on his fundamentals and building a strong base he can grow from. I still don't let him load his pistols cause they're Bearcats and you have to be certain to follow the 'load one skip one load four' routine. Having pards on the posse I could trust to get him unloaded properly was very important. Krazy Kajun in particular helped out by being there to take his shotgun and shepard him through the process.

It's fun to have him with me on Saturdays and spend that time together. I'm looking forward to when my five and three year olds can join us.

Iron Cowboy looks pretty steady when he is shooting....not rattled or bothered by the goings on and other posse members talking behind him...pretty single-minded and focused when he was shooting. It won't be long til he is familiar enough with his pistols to be loading them by himself. It's gonna be cool to watch him grow.

Kajun

Keep listening to your Dad, Iron Cowboy. One day you'll type - and shoot - as well as he does!

Congratulations to the whole Burt clan, hope to see you all at DHI on the 9th!

Hi-Yo etc.,

TMM

Archived