SASS Wire Forum

No school shooting here!

Cusz M. Dutch SASS Life 55326

Dutch, I believe that school isn't far from where I live. They authorize it but I don't know how many teachers carry. It is a smaller school so I doubt they'd have much to worry about. But you never know. Good to see a step in the right direction.

You are correct, Dorado. That particular school is about 25 miles straight west of me on US287. Given the rural location, the hog and deer population and the mindset in general of rural Texans, I can guarantee you many of the kids already have guns in their trucks while attending school. The culture of this part of the state and rural Texas in particular is difficult for many to grasp, but guns are simply an every day part of life.

CHT

Note the date of this article

Aug. 15, 2008

So I guess they're already carrying??? I'll have to research that.

:) Rye

The guy I volunteer with at the local kids camp is a preacher. His little church is WAY down in the woods and a good 50 miles from any LE agency. He has a CCW permit and has it on while preachen. Now our local high school most of the kids have their rifles in the back of their pick-em-ups. Especially this time of the year. In September it's Bow's mounted in the back window of those trucks :lol: This time of year our local paper usually has on the front page a photo of some 10-14 year olds with their first deer kill and one heck of a smile on their faces. Would not see that in the big city. Gotta love liven out here in the kountry :)

I went to high school in West Virginia !!! :) I had a 1911 in my locker all the way through school. I wasn't the only one. No-one worried about a school shooting. I would often practice just after school with some of my friends. No Harm, No foul

Archived