SASS Wire Forum

Badger is thinking again

The State of Washington, in it's infinite wisdom, has decided that we needed to go to an all mail ballot for our elections. So we get the ballots in the mail, fill them out and mail them back in. What could go wrong there? :blink: Yeah right.

Well, I was discussing this with my wife and I had received a joke email about the dead folks in Chicago that voted. An apology to our Chicago and Cook County folks. I digress.

So I'm thinking that I got the ballot in the mail on Wednesday, voted on Thursday and return the ballot.

The ballots will not be opened or counted until election time, I am told. :unsure:

So what happens if I die before the election. Could this not be a case of someone voting that is dead?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Badger,

Relax. Ifin yer dead by then........well ya just ain't goin ta care anyway.

Besides, what they goin ta do, dig ya up and put ya in jail??????????

Also, in Chicago it ain't the recently departed that vote.........It's everyone in every graveyard

from the last couple of centuries or so.

You gotta be more specific, Whiz Biz. :P

The one that has brought us socialized medicine. Oh, wait, that's no help.

OK. The one that is for gun control. Hmmm, scratch that.

I know. The one that is CLUELESS about economics and hangs with domestic terrorists.

The one that has brought us socialized medicine. Oh, wait, that's no help.

OK. The one that is for gun control. Hmmm, scratch that.

I know. The one that is CLUELESS about economics and hangs with domestic terrorists.

Still not much help. There's barely a plugged nickles worth of difference between the two main parties now anyway. What we need is a full scale voters revolt to get rid of every incumbent, and keep doing that for a few cycles if the capons don't toe the constitutional line.

Also wouldn't hurt to about triple the size of the lower House of Congress. It set its number at 435 back in 1911. Our population then was about 92,000,000 and we had but 45 states (I think it was 45 when that happened ... been so long I can't quite recall...I've heard it said that the mind is the third thing to go). Since then we have more than tripled in population and added (if I have it right) 5 states. Increasing the number in the House would dilute the power of each Member and make it harder for any special interest, left, right or center, to influence legislation. Might also break the lock the current major parties have on the system and allow some new blood and new ideas in.

Is there a difference?

Yup.......one end eats ya out of house an homestead, while dat other end just craps on ya !

yadda yadda a bunch of stuff.....

So what happens if I die before the election. Could this not be a case of someone voting that is dead?

A few of your "friends" in da Saloon been wondrin' fer some time dat exact fact...'ere ya already ded :) Ole WB sed ya was twitchin' a mite so I spose ya got a few good years left yet :)

The State of Washington, in it's infinite wisdom, has decided that we needed to go to an all mail ballot for our elections. So we get the ballots in the mail, fill them out and mail them back in. What could go wrong there? :blink: Yeah right.

Well, I was discussing this with my wife and I had received a joke email about the dead folks in Chicago that voted. An apology to our Chicago and Cook County folks. I digress.

So I'm thinking that I got the ballot in the mail on Wednesday, voted on Thursday and return the ballot.

The ballots will not be opened or counted until election time, I am told. :unsure:

I would think that since you voted while you were still alive it would count. Badger, yer dangerous when you start thinking', now ya got us all haven' to think too!

:) Rye

I would think that since you voted while you were still alive it would count. Badger, yer dangerous when you start thinking', now ya got us all haven' to think too!

:) Rye

Now that is really scary, richt there.

Some of us are gonna drag on forever. :P

Hey, I working on it, Forty Rod. And if I don't make it, I am going to make it so

miserable for everybody that they will hold a part when I am gone. :rolleyes:

:huh:

I THINK I will have another BEER or six :wacko:

CB :lol:

I thunk they cut you off there, Chickasaw.

Archived