SASS Wire Forum

ISAAC

Marshal Bigdaddy Jenks

Mother nature is letting us know just who's in charge. Wind,rain and a lot of it.

Power is still on but not for long. Biggest part of storm is still about 60

miles south. Keep us in your prayers. Ride'em Cowboy.

Marshal Big Daddy Jenks

Hang in there MBDJ.

Hope all of our SASS Pards makes it through this one OK.

Thanks Al, it's gettin nasty. You're right lot's of SASS Pards in this part of the country.

Hope they all are able to keep their heads above water.

Prayers on the way! Ride 'er out, Pard!

Keep us posted on how your doin'!

~EE Taft~

Made it thru another night. In pretty good shape as things stand right now. Other folks, a bit south, didn't fair as well. Over all the good Lord really took care of us. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Time to clean up!

Marshal Big Daddy Jenks

Glad you are OK. I just cancelled out of Shootin in the Shade. Just did not seem worth it ti head out in MH knowing of 100% rain this evening and all day tomorrow....and more than likely into Sat morning first day of main match. Probably my wife's favorite road trip (shooting), and one I like real well also. Hey, at least the blame is on Isaac. ha

Stay safe.

bb

Bigdaddy, My daughter lives in Gray, by Thibodaux and Houma. Spoke to her last night, but can't reach her today. Any word on power, phones, etc..?

Thanks,

Cash

You can save some of that rain fer us. Only a 10 minute shower a few weeks ago and not a real rain in 3 months. Trees look like the end of October around here. Several of us have been blowing leaves for over a month now. It is suppose to be here tomorrow afternoon. Will be something since there ain't any grass, nothen but very hard dirt. Come on rain!

You can save some of that rain fer us. Only a 10 minute shower a few weeks ago and not a real rain in 3 months. Trees look like the end of October around here. Several of us have been blowing leaves for over a month now. It is suppose to be here tomorrow afternoon. Will be something since there ain't any grass, nothen but very hard dirt. Come on rain!

Yup but I'm seeing indicators that are said to indicate that Isaac may hook easy and miss us.

Nope, just checked again and it looks like it will hit pretty much on top of Springfield.

Glad you are OK. I just cancelled out of Shootin in the Shade. Just did not seem worth it ti head out in MH knowing of 100% rain this evening and all day tomorrow....and more than likely into Sat morning first day of main match. Probably my wife's favorite road trip (shooting), and one I like real well also. Hey, at least the blame is on Isaac. ha

Stay safe.

bb

Come on Billy!!! It's not gobna rain that much here.

DC

Bigdaddy:

Good to hear from our LA friends. The Judge and I talked to Rudy the night before it hit and I have left messages for LA Lady and Matt Masterson to check on their well being. Haven't heard back ... just hope all is well. Y'all hang in there.

Kate

Isaac is sitting on top of Springfield Mo right now and we,40 miles to the south west of Springfield, have accumulated .6" of rain. Be interesting to see what the day brings as he drags on thru.

I hear not bad at HS and expert better so we are packing up and headed to SITS. Come down NOC. See ya there Dewey.

I hope you have a good one at Shooting in the Shade. We have several shooters there this weekend.

For anyone that has not been, this is a really good shoot. Interesting stages. Great people.

On my list for 2013 for sure.

Bigdaddy, My daughter lives in Gray, by Thibodaux and Houma. Spoke to her last night, but can't reach her today. Any word on power, phones, etc..?

Thanks,

Cash

Cash, check your inbox...sent you a PM. Entergy's power restoration progress webpage is http://viewoutage.entergy.com/la.aspx.

Thanks,

Cash

Cash,

Sorry about taking so long to respond. Yesterday about 15% of the service was still out in that area. Hopefully

your daughter is not in that 15%. The crews working in that area have high reviews. Some still have high water but it is going down.

Marshal Big Daddy Jenks

Glad to hear you are OK, BDJ. Hope to see you at AMBUSH at Cavern Cove!

Sugah & Buck

Sugah & Buck,

Sorry want be able to make Ambush, running in the November election for a Constable's position.

Canceled all my shoots until the election is over. I know it will be another great shoot, hate to

miss it. Giddy Up

Marshal Big Daddy Jenks

Bigdaddy:

Good to hear from our LA friends. The Judge and I talked to Rudy the night before it hit and I have left messages for LA Lady and Matt Masterson to check on their well being. Haven't heard back ... just hope all is well. Y'all hang in there.

Kate

Kate,

We faired well, thanks for the good thoughts. Lets get together again soon on Rudy's patio and talk it over.

Big Daddy Jenks

Sugah & Buck,

Sorry want be able to make Ambush, running in the November election for a Constable's position.

Canceled all my shoots until the election is over. I know it will be another great shoot, hate to

miss it. Giddy Up

Marshal Big Daddy Jenks

BEST of luck in the election! Keep us posted!

Hate to be a late comer, but we just received internet and TV services, still no phone. I've been here thirty years and never experienced anythying like it. Our house took water and we are presently gutting it, lost most furniture, no appliances so far, not really sure what else. Both shops took a lot more water, and we lost a lot of stock and raw materials. Machines seemed to be OK., along time ahead in clean up to be making goods again. Of course we are getting older and don't have the stamina and have a hard time going all day. I think I have a blown disc in the back from this (had 4 surgeries already), but have to get along for now, and see a doctor latter. I know there are others in worse shape than us and I pray for them too. It was not ranked as a big storm, but the size and storm surge were enormous. Dad planned on going out Tuesday morning, that was too late, he lost his PT FCruiser to 4 feet of water, it came up that fast. He too has a lot of flood damage to his house.

Carey, good luck with the election, wish I could help somehow, but looks like we are going to be very busy for awhile. Hey is Brown retiring, when you win do you get to appoint all the chief deputies and various positions, or are they in the same slot regardless who gets elected?

With all this going on I might also have a few great Cowboy guns for sale in the near future, this will be a need to, not want to sale if it comes to pass. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers.

The only relief from this mess is the computers and TV (telephone I can do without), Thank GOD that they got that going for us, it does help us take our minds off of it if only for a few moments.

Archived