SASS Wire Forum

Smokeout In The Hills

And the trash talk and the lies and the Campfire Olympic challenges!! :lol::lol::rolleyes::FlagAm:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookin forward to going back to Possum Trot.

Sent my app in yesterday.

Josie Wales -- YeeHaw!

--Josie Dawg

Lookin forward to going back to Possum Trot.

Sent my app in yesterday.

Josie Wales -- YeeHaw!

--Josie Dawg

HEY DAWG!!

The match has been moved to Manchester, KY! It's a little east of I75 off of the London, KY exit. The new digs are called Ponderosa Pines. It is the home of Copperhead Joe and now the home of the Highland Regulators.

You'll love it, and it's maybe a little closer to you too!! :lol:

Yep, but I'll probably still continue to call it possum trot. :blush:

Cool name & I look at the critter on my travel coffee cup several times a week! B)

--Dawg

Yep, but I'll probably still continue to call it possum trot. :blush:

Cool name & I look at the critter on my travel coffee cup several times a week! B)

--Dawg

Great things are never really forgotten!

OKAY!! Now how about Noz and Lucky RK and the rest of POSSE 10?? I'm talkin' bout Split Rail and Stoney and Doc Eells, and Cleve and Fire 'N' Falback!!

Let's have the smokeyest posse ever to shoot a S.A.S.S. match!!

I just heard somewhere that maybe Judge 'em All Duncan may attend our little suore'!! The fun is buildin'!!! :lol:

Blackwater,

Due to unseen circumstances Yazoo and I will be there to smoke it up !!

I am in for OUTLAW Gunfighter with lots of smoke.

Bad thing is we had to choose between the Smokeout and Wartrace. Since there ain't no BP folks in Wartrace I figured we better come be with some of our kinfolk!!!

Blackwater,

Due to unseen circumstances Yazoo and I will be there to smoke it up !!

I am in for OUTLAW Gunfighter with lots of smoke.

Bad thing is we had to choose between the Smokeout and Wartrace. Since there ain't no BP folks in Wartrace I figured we better come be with some of our kinfolk!!!

I hear ya'! So long as this little health issue is semi-resolved, I'll get to do both! It's been a couple of years since we seen ya' at Smokeout, so I reckon we can just party there this time!!

:lol: It'll just be an extry week 'til I can hug on your bride an' stick my tongue out at you whilst I do it!! :lol:

Hey Joe,

Do you know anybody who'd sell me 300 rounds of 38's loaded with black - dare I say it ---- powder?

I gotta get permission from my Boss, if she says yes, I will get me and stuff down to Manchester.

Have you seen "Lawless" yet?

Ammo problem handled. :lol: Appalachian Alan said he would load me up some 38's. He said he would load 'em up a little lighter than usual.....down to about 80 grains of real black. I told him that sounded heavy to me, but, what do I know :unsure: ; I have never shot black before. I hope to see ya there. :ph34r: KCD

Ammo problem handled. :lol: Appalachian Alan said he would load me up some 38's. He said he would load 'em up a little lighter than usual.....down to about 80 grains of real black. I told him that sounded heavy to me, but, what do I know :unsure: ; I have never shot black before. I hope to see ya there. :ph34r: KCD

Hey Knobby!!

Ask Alan why so light?? :wacko::lol:

Come to think of it, KCD, is Alan coming? :unsure::unsure: Wouldn't be the same without him either!! :o:lol:

BTT

:unsure: Has anybody heard if Little Joe is makin' cumbo this year? :unsure:

Inquirin' minds wanna' know!

Just settin' here thinkin'! Over the last few weeks a number of folks have called to ask about my health. The Highland Regulators have made me a part of their family for, I don't know, as long as they've been a club. Nearly everyone who is a member there has inquired.

I'm happy to say that I'm much better and with a couple more tests to subject myself to, I'm hoping to be released to travel by myself again soon.

The S.A.S.S. family is great and I appreciate all you cowboys more than I'll ever be able to show. Thanks to all of you!! The Highland Regulators are beyond all belief and are in fact family to me.

Y'all get hooked up and signed up and come share my family with me. As usual Copperhaed Joe and Miss Bo and Joe's mom and dad have a great match and party planned and I'm looking forward to seein' all those folks who called and wished me well!!

THanks again, y'all!! :wub::wub::wub:

Blackwater great to hear you doing better. After all you got a show to do!

Range is looking good, we are working on some things to help with splitter. And working on some really fun side match stuff that you will have to see to believe.

As of now we still some electrical hookups left, but they are getting fewer everyday.

I heard from Big Johnson and he said his DOUBLE DOG DARE was still in affect if'n any you there Outlaws got any hair on y'a rear end!!

Well now, Mr. TBone that sounds like a mouth full coming from somebody what is upside down!! Now if'n I was an Outlaw shooter I just wouldn't take that right side up! And that was shooting Black, was it not?

And I wouldn't know bout shoot'n without a hangover, never tried it.

If'n this shoot were the weekend before, I would pass on the TN State and join you all, sounds like the good time that is always had at Joes.

Whiskey Creek, just keep me in mind for Texas, Lady T and I have to leave the weekend of this shoot to make it to Bordertown by Tuesday.

Judge, keep him on track,this is a warm-up for CaC for the Outlaws.

Well I guess Big Johnson's Double Dog Dare, done sent one Outlaw a running West! Tombstone you do know that The Smokeout in the Hills is sorta on your way to Bordertown. You could head West Sunday afternoon and easly be at Bordertown by Tuesday. After all it ain't like it's in Aussi land.

Trapper Tom glad ya'll going to make it.

Blackwater, can you or someone help me out with the rules for our King of Kaboom and such. I have forgotten some of the details.

Things are looking good on the range. We added walls between each of the lower stages to help with splatter. And Daddy Boots has added mulch to the pistol targets to help splatter.

Going to be good'n!! Don't be kicking y'a self for not making this'n!!

Well I guess Big Johnson's Double Dog Dare, done sent one Outlaw a running West! Tombstone you do know that The Smokeout in the Hills is sorta on your way to Bordertown. You could head West Sunday afternoon and easly be at Bordertown by Tuesday. After all it ain't like it's in Aussi land.

Trapper Tom glad ya'll going to make it.

Blackwater, can you or someone help me out with the rules for our King of Kaboom and such. I have forgotten some of the details.

Things are looking good on the range. We added walls between each of the lower stages to help with splatter. And Daddy Boots has added mulch to the pistol targets to help splatter.

Going to be good'n!! Don't be kicking y'a self for not making this'n!!

YESSIR! I'll cogitate on it a bit and get the particulars to ya' in a day or two!! :lol:

Well, I'm shore glad to see my buddies are right side up again. Now it's time see how they shoot when they right side up! I can see the newest Outlaw stage, standing on your head shooting shotgun from the hip. Now that,s a picture.

We looking forward to seeing all our "rowdy" friends at The Smokeout in the Hills!!!

Copperhead!! I can't find the KoK and SoS rules. They used to be on the Hooten website. Cherokee Big Dawg is the onliest one I kin think of who'd have 'em wrote down.

Better give him a call!!

Well, Me an Blue Boy aint gonna make the Smokeout this year. He aint travelin too well just now. So I will let yall have all the Josie wales fun without me. And somebody else will have to hug all the Gals for Dad. We'll be at the Regulators Reckoning and aint none of the Gals safe.

Imis

If'n this shoot were the weekend before, I would pass on the TN State and join you all, sounds like the good time that is always had at Joes.

Whiskey Creek, just keep me in mind for Texas, Lady T and I have to leave the weekend of this shoot to make it to Bordertown by Tuesday.

Judge, keep him on track,this is a warm-up for CaC for the Outlaws.

Tombstone!! Would ya' reconsider? I know you're goin to Arizona in there somewhere, but if ya' can we'd enjoy yer company!

Well, Me an Blue Boy aint gonna make the Smokeout this year. He aint travelin too well just now. So I will let yall have all the Josie wales fun without me. And somebody else will have to hug all the Gals for Dad. We'll be at the Regulators Reckoning and aint none of the Gals safe.

Imis

I hate to hear one of my substitute fathers is not gonna' make it this year, but we'll hold out for ya's next year!

Ammo all loaded up.

Charlie & I will point the buckboard South on Thursday morning.

We're comin' hungry for some good food & fine shootin'

YeeHaw!

-- :ph34r: Smoke :ph34r: Dawg :ph34r:

hey joe....you doing a wild bunch match on side match day? Or do I need to leave that newfangled 1911 at home? :)

hey joe....you doing a wild bunch match on side match day? Or do I need to leave that newfangled 1911 at home? :)

mgm!! Bring it! We'll find somethin' ta shoot whether there's a WB match or not!!

I'm doin' home made spaghetti sauce for one night and I'm workin' on it right now!! The band is warmin' up and this party is rollin along towards a rockin' start!!

:unsure::unsure:ANYBODY SMELL SMOKE!!! :lol::lol::rolleyes::unsure:

Archived