SASS Wire Forum

Smokeout In The Hills

Ponderosa Pines in Manchester Ky. would like to invite old friends and new ones to the new home of Smokeout In The Hills, the Kentucky Black Powder Championship Oct 19-21. This match is the same match previously held at old Possum Trot. And will run pretty much the same way as it has in the past, why change a good thing! More details are in the works.

For those that don't shoot Black Powder, Smokeless shooters or welcome and will be scored separately.

Applications and more information can be found our web site www.ponderosa-pines.com.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll be there!! The band is already warmin' up and We're lookin' forward to a LARGE time!!

All the usual suspects are expected to be where we all belong!! :lol:

Josey Wales available for this match?

It's not on the application.

Write it in??

Thanks

--Dawg

Josey Wales available for this match?

It's not on the application.

Write it in??

Thanks

--Dawg

It'll be good ta' have ya' back!! :lol:

BTT for all the right reasons.

Thinkin' about coming down & tent camping.

Wondering about the facilities for tent campers.

Flush toilets?

Shower facilities?

--Dawg

Prairie Dawg, we got toilets and showers. Tent camping is free and welcome. And as Blackwater said we'll work with almost anyway, or class you want to shoot.

Doc, you Mean Mark and the boy's come on down and we'll do ya right.

Blackwater, I know you and the band can be counted on to rock these bluegrass mountains like NEVER before. Just ask Daddy Boots!

Count me in!

Gonna see if I can bring Ohio Cheatin' Charlie with me.

--Dawg

As long as we're on the subject, do I need to bring anything special for the side matches?

Planning on match guns & long-range rifles.

Anything else?

Any "special" side matches to plan for?

Thanks

--Dawg

I'll be there with Doc Eels and Mean Gun. Looking forward to hearing Folsom Prison as only Milkbone can do it.

Two things.... 1) I'm sure you already have ALL your ammo loaded (grin) 2) You shooting Elder Statesman or Cattle Baron? :D;):lol:

Blue

Two things.... 1) I'm sure you already have ALL your ammo loaded (grin) 2) You shooting Elder Statesman or Cattle Baron? :D;):lol:

Blue

Blue! Can we expect you back for this year's festivities? :unsure:

Blue

Note to self, never tell a lady she's the future of the Grand Dame category, she'll never let you forget it! :o

Blue! Can we expect you back for this year's festivities? :unsure:

Had so much fun last year but unfortunately no. Maybe next year.. I'm sure you'll do fine without me :)

Note to self, never tell a lady she's the future of the Grand Dame category, she'll never let you forget it! :o

Nope.. she won't :):P;)

Blue Hare, sorry to here you are not going to be able to make it this year. As you said maybe next year.

And Buffalo "Richard", I'm shore that is your correct alas, shore glad you a coming to keep Doc's bunk house in line. I have heard stories about that bunk house. Not that I was ever there to be a part of any of those stories.

Ya'll need to be training up for the Campfire Olympics. I know there will be a Best TALL Tail, that ain't what we call it round here, award,. And other events we are working on. so to training!

Blue Hare, sorry to here you are not going to be able to make it this year. As you said maybe next year.

And Buffalo "Richard", I'm shore that is your correct alas, shore glad you a coming to keep Doc's bunk house in line. I have heard stories about that bunk house. Not that I was ever there to be a part of any of those stories.

Ya'll need to be training up for the Campfire Olympics. I know there will be a Best TALL Tail, that ain't what we call it round here, award,. And other events we are working on. so to training!

Tequila Liz won the Campfire Olympics last year! She kinda' put the fellers ta' shame. Y'all are gonna hafta' practice up and do some heavy work to beat her if she decides to defend her title!

As a former pie eating champion, (Three consecutive time and still undefeated) I encourage ya's to "git yer hongry on" and show us how it's done! I enjoyed several punkin pies last fall 'cause I am retired.

Hey Joe! Are we gonna' have Bluegrass on Friday night? I enjoyed the band at Black Gold.

This is the Black Powder (ACBP) homecoming for most of the folks in the Southeast and Midwest and the party to attend!

As I've said before, it's the same great folks, we just moved up the road a piece!

Lets get this one back up top!

Hey Mingo!! Missed y'all last fall!! C'mon back! Manchester's a little closer so you gots no 'scuse! :lol:

LOOK OUT MANCHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!! MJ SPENCER WILL BE THERE.....

JOE: i sure cant wait to finally see the place ive wantin to see for years now. haha super ready for a good time my friend.

Well now mj you just come on down, we'll treat so many ways ya'll have to like one of'm!! Just one thing, No TIC TAC TOE for you!!!!!!! Some of us will know what we are talking about for the others ya just had to be there.

Folks, you don't want to be the ONE setting at home saying "I wish I had been to the Possum Trot reincarnation and reunion"!! It's a new home, but as they say "home is where the heart is". Same folks, same good times, same good food, same entertainment, and same great shooting!!

Well now mj you just come on down, we'll treat so many ways ya'll have to like one of'm!! Just one thing, No TIC TAC TOE for you!!!!!!! Some of us will know what we are talking about for the others ya just had to be there.

Folks, you don't want to be the ONE setting at home saying "I wish I had been to the Possum Trot reincarnation and reunion"!! It's a new home, but as they say "home is where the heart is". Same folks, same good times, same good food, same entertainment, and same great shooting!!

TIC TAC TOE has been sworn off for sir. lol. I cant even see an x and an o close to each other without it upsetting me. HAHAHAHAHAHAH :) :) :) :) :) :)

Prairie Dawg, the long range side matches may be a bit different from what you have seen. :rolleyes: Complete details are on the Ponderosa Pines web site. :blink:

CRITR

My app goes in the post tomorrow.

Cheatin Charlie & I are coming down.

--Dawg

My app goes in the post tomorrow.

Cheatin Charlie & I are coming down.

--Dawg

Dawg!! It'll be good to see you 'n' Charlie again.

What about Crazy Mingo, and is Skipper comin' too?? :unsure:

Attention all you Outlaw shooters, my buddy, Whiskey Creek Johnson has told me that He is laying down a "DOUBLE DOG DARE" to show up. He says, He's taking on all comers! Don't care if'n ya shoot Black or Smokless He "Will" beat ya all! Any that are heading to the World Outlaw Championship at Comin at CHA should just try an come though him first.

That is what He said! So just who is Man or Woman enough to take him on! He said som'n bout a little guy in Texas what thinks He can shoot Outlaw and some big guy in Tennessee what thinks He can shoot to. But they ain't seen the real BIG JOHNSON shoot when puts a mind to it!

I'm hopin' Mingo will make the trip & bring his cannon.

Dakota don't do 3-day shoots -- too taxing.

& she's working anyway......5 more years till she's retired too.

See ya in October.

--Dawg

I will accept BIG JOHNSON 's Double Dog Dare. !!!!!!

BLACK POWDER ONLY!!!! After all it is the Smokeout!!

So come on little Johnson.... Are ya tuff enough to go BLACK?????

I'm sure Joe can let us shoot together so the gotchas can be used!!

Archived