SASS Wire Forum

110° - 19° Humility !

Hells Comin

We had some of the best weather we have had in months. 94 with 30% humidity. Really had a great time, just wished I would have shot better...lol. But I have that complaint no matter what the weather is

My fine little weather station says

109 degrees and 21% humidity

And I am off to shoot this evening at 6:00PM

The weather guessers were predicting 100 for Amarillo and it's usually a little hotter and more humid 50 miles east of there at the Bar H where we shoot. BUT it didn't seem all that bad today. Didn't really get real hot until we were done.

We only shot 5 stages instead of the usual 6 and I finished 'em all. So I am proud of that. If it gets too hot and the chills hit me, I quit. Had to do that several times this year. But I toughed it out today and shot pretty good.

We started at 10 and were done by noon thirty, only had 9 shooters.

I'm hopin' the worst of it is over. Winter can't get here soon enuff for fat boy.

109/19 here today. We didn't have a match, but will next Saturday, when the projection is only 104. We start shooting at 8:00 and hope to be done by noon. We usually hit the high for the day around 3:30.

Yea - BUT...Try it the other way around:

92 degrees and 80% humidity!!!

There is NO WAY to be dry this time of year in the Louisiana swamp - everyone just smiles and sweats!!

Somehow there needs to be cowboy shorts & T's for this weather -

or perhaps an 'Island Shootout' with Jimmy Buffett music.

However, the carts made it, the shooters made it and a GRAND TIME was had by all!!!

Stay Hydrated - ingestion of lots of liquid is important - so it can flow out of the pores in your skin!!

Oh Wait - subject is: 19 degrees 'Humility' - won't happen here!!

We were 104 at George West and very humid. Shot 5 stages. Dont think I could have made a 6th!

My first match. Had a great time despite the heat.

Can i get a witness?

Last week at Piru, CA one stage 3 misses and 1p, had a p on anther too, both in the last half. Mind where I live it never goes over 80, but shooting in the 100s is tough. I can feel the blood leave my brain and go to my skin to modulate the temp. Hopefully one more month and we will be over it.

Archived