SASS Wire Forum

Ice Cream

Goody, SASS #26190

Recently discovered a new flavor at the grocery. Normally a diehard Blue Bell fan, but this one is made by Blue Bunny. Oh my, I'm liable to get fat. :rolleyes:

http://www.bluebunny.com/Products/d/Premium_Ice_Cream_Peanut_Butter_Panic

:rolleyes: It's what I'm having tonight!

Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks is one of my all time favorites. And it's sugar free.

Well Goody........I am happy to report that Blue Bunny has a Ice Cream plant right here in good ole St. George Utah..so we will keep a close eye on their product for ya........... ;)

Regards........Wolf

Nothin but Blue Bell for me. At the time Krogers has a sale on for 3.99 a half gallon, plus I have a bunch of dollar off coupons. Ya just can't beat Blue BEll for 2.99 a half. Besides it comes from contented cows. If only I could become a route driver for em, yum yummmmmm. Yep, eat all ya can, then sell the rest. :lol:

Nothin but Blue Bell for me. At the time Krogers has a sale on for 3.99 a half gallon, plus I have a bunch of dollar off coupons. Ya just can't beat Blue BEll for 2.99 a half. Besides it comes from contented cows. If only I could become a route driver for em, yum yummmmmm. Yep, eat all ya can, then sell the rest. :lol:

Alas we can't get Blue Bell here.

Goody,,,,Just imagine a Blue Bell ice cream truck right in the middle of a major shoot, giving away Ice cream to everyone. Could it happen????? Only if Your son in law drives the Blue Bell truck.

You know, we think a lot alike! First EOT I went to I thought, man I could sell a couple thousand pints out here over a three day period. Think of it, middle of the summer, hot as blazes, dust chokin you down. Then, through the heat mirage you see see a little truck with a contented cow on the side and a sign, "Blue Bell Ice Cream, $5.00 a pint"

Blue Bunny Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate trips my trigger. :wub:

+1... I'm having withdrawals! :D

Alas we can't get Blue Bell here.

It's now beng sold in Albuquerque, Bob. Road trip???

Regards, TJH

PS Homemade Vanilla and Dutch Chocolate do it for me. Normal price here in Dallas is around $7.00 for a half gallon, but it's often on sale for $3.50 (which is when I stock up!).

Breyers has a peanut butter & jelly ice cream. My wife loves it. But alas I'm diabetic and can't eat it. I made some strawberry/banana with Splenda for a church social Sunday evening. That's the better half's favorite. Went over very well. Got an idea for another flavor, (sugar free of course) Coffee/Pecan.

JUst one word of advice about Blue Bell, DO NOT eat the NO SUGAR ADDED VANILLA. It will go thru ya like a dose of epson salts thru a widder woman. Don't ask me how I know, just that I am glad there was not much traffic in the road that day. :lol:

Just hard to beat Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla :wub:

But then Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip is great also.

Also love me some Braums Cherrys Peacans and Cream. :wub:

Dang it. Now I got to run to town at lunch and get me some.

WHICH ONE?????? Maybe one of each. :ph34r:

...does all ice cream makers name start with a b?

Braum's Premium Bordeaux Cherry Amaretto ain't bad either....

...does all ice cream makers name start with a b?

Braum's Premium Bordeaux Cherry Amaretto ain't bad either....

That is odd an'it? Braum's, Blue Bell, Blue Bunny, Breyers, Borden...Is it that "B" has a smooth, sweet, soft sound? I worked for Borden Ice Cream for over 15 years, as a route driver, route supervisor, territory salesman, and sales manager. The top college-educated leader/leaders of Borden would not listen to the troops on the ground. Borden had a product called LADY BORDEN PREMIUM ICE CREAM that was made in 4 flavors...vanilla, choclate, strawberry (flavored), and coffee. It was good, but NOT as good as BLUE BELL! Blue Bell put Borden out of business because the people wanted REAL premium ice cream and novelities even through it cost more. I left Borden in '79 due to "poor managerment", but I still receive a small pension from them. I use it to buy BLUE BELL.

Ghost

Well Ghost, since you're almost as old as I am :rolleyes: , you might remember this. In the early 60's I recall my dad use to stop at Cabell's Dairy store, they along with 7-11 were the only convenience stores around. Anyway Cabell's had their own Ice Cream, our favorite was their vanilla. Had little flakes of vanilla bean all throughout. Then you'd dress it up with Hershey's Chocolate syrup, from a can than you had to open with a church key. It would always run down the side of the can so you had to lick it off so it wouldn't get all over your hands. Also remember they had Chocolate Ribbon, their version of chocolate ripple.

Well Ghost, since you're almost as old as I am :rolleyes: , you might remember this. In the early 60's I recall my dad use to stop at Cabell's Dairy store, they along with 7-11 were the only convenience stores around. Anyway Cabell's had their own Ice Cream, our favorite was their vanilla. Had little flakes of vanilla bean all throughout. Then you'd dress it up with Hershey's Chocolate syrup, from a can than you had to open with a church key. It would always run down the side of the can so you had to lick it off so it wouldn't get all over your hands. Also remember they had Chocolate Ribbon, their version of chocolate ripple.

I do remember that! Seems like Cabell's was a dairy out of the Dallas/Ft Worth area and the carton (square) had a picture of a vanilla bean on it.

Not all ice cream brands start with "B". If you get up to Arkansas, you won't be disappointed with the taste of Yarnell's. :wub: Is it as good as Blue Bell? Maybe not, but it's awful close!

BTW, I didn't think "Blue Bunny" and "premium" could be used in the same sentence. Learn something new every day. :rolleyes:

Archived