SASS Wire Forum

Fortress 2012 movie

Http://imdb.com/title/1558575

Haven't heard about it. No marketing I guess.

Buddy of mine built several sets for this movie, not hyped much. Anyone see it? Better then Red Devils. MT

http://www.google.co...MFUjNyFaX_wjImQ

It had a pretty poor rating on IMDB, and Netflix is not carrying it. Never heard of it before now.

Good to see a Fort fly again, even if it was by computer. But, dang, the CGI looked like it was from a video game. No distant haze effect, everything too sharp, and the impossible shot angles....

I'd love to see another Twelve O'Clock High or War Lover... this doesn't look to be it.

And the lead actor's first name is Bug. Bug...

Good to see a Fort fly again, even if it was by computer. But, dang, the CGI looked like it was from a video game. No distant haze effect, everything too sharp, and the impossible shot angles....

I'd love to see another Twelve O'Clock High or War Lover... this doesn't look to be it.

And the lead actor's first name is Bug. Bug...

http://www.nationalww2museum.org/

There is a 4D movie at the WWII museam in NOLA that features a B-17.

My understanding was that they had problems with distributor of this movie for 2 years. So its going directly to DVD. Had some legal stuff, was suppose to be released on DVD in April, and now its this week. Its never been in theatres. I'll pick up a copy when it is released. MT

I tried Amazon and it (Fortress) was unavailabe in either DVD or BluRay. The acting is probably as crappy as in Pearl Harbor but the graphics may be worth it.

On the other hand, for you aviation/WWII buffs, here's a good one:

It even comes with a neat blurb on how they made the movie including how much it cost (per day) to rent a Spitfire.

I drove from NC to central Wisconsin last week to buy a '56 Fairlane. I ended up with a day to kill on Friday and was driving through the Oshkosh/Neenah area when a Ford Tri-Motor flew over the highway! I thought that the EAA fly-in and airshow were in June and had not checked this here Internet before my trip. In the next four hours I saw two P-38s, many P-51s, a B-17 and several Corsairs and Hellcats plus lots and lots of other planes.

Gotta love that Confederate Air Force!

It is so hard to believe that so many planes made in the 1940s are now just a few flying examples. It is becoming the same with the generation of men and women who made and flew those most beautiful of planes.

I generally pass on movies that look like video games. One of the few exceptions is Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow and that's because it's a sci-fi film.

That was a fun movie. :lol:

Archived