SASS Wire Forum

A Thing of Beauty

Hayes Greener

Good one! I'm sure the "Chicago Anti-Gunners" think that the NRA is training gangstas how to shoot, and then sending them back on the streets. Ignorance!

Buena suerte, amigos

eGG

NRA Life Member

(who wishes folks would use the term Anti-gunners, instead of "liberals." Not all of us liberals are anti-gun, and not all conservatives are pro-gun. Like sayin' "all whites are racist," you know?)

Good one! I'm sure the "Chicago Anti-Gunners" think that the NRA is training gangstas how to shoot, and then sending them back on the streets. Ignorance!

Buena suerte, amigos

eGG

NRA Life Member

(who wishes folks would use the term Anti-gunners, instead of "liberals." Not all of us liberals are anti-gun, and not all conservatives are pro-gun. Like sayin' "all whites are racist," you know?)

Very true. I just wish there were more moderate liberals and conservatives, instead of the far left and far right extremists bent on dividing this country.

A person could write a good size tome on the fallacy of programs such as this. Our time is plagued with a

series of programs that are ill conceived, ill though through, and poorly administered.

Rye Miles started another thread about a high speed train in California. It seems to me to that it is going down the same path or rail that the Sounder Trains in Washington state started down. Huge expenditures of money for a program that serves only a fraction of our State, yet is a burden on all. Of course it serves our State Capitol and environs, but the farmers in Central and Eastern Washington are forced to drive their farm machinery to town, I suppose. Kinda like "LET THEM EAT CAKE" attitude.

But I digress. Getting back to the issue of guns and buy back programs, as long as we as a society tolerate crime and murder, it will continue. Look at the record of the Justice Department in this whole country. Judges that run a revolving door policy on career criminals. And we allow it to happen.

Everything that goes on, is the result of the will of the people. Do we as a people have the will to stand up against these injustices. I really don't know. I suppose the history books of the future will tell us.

Very true. I just wish there were more moderate liberals and conservatives, instead of the far left and far right extremists bent on dividing this country.

Ditto! :angry:

+1

Don't think many know what the word moderate means.

Buena suerte, amigos

eGG

NRA Life Member

In principle, I can agree with that. But, as a gross generalization it is true. Which "side" is it that pushes to violate our civil rights (and I insist on "civil rights" not "gun rights") by placing more restrictions on the honest citizens attempt to exercise them? At least here in CA every anti-civil rights bill that has been proposed has been sponsored by a capon with a D after the name. And they all tend to identify themselves as liberals/progressives/latest term.

Now, Liberals, on the other hand, support the RKBA. Liberal with an upper case L on purpose, and more along the Jeffersonian line of Liberal than the modern McGovern/Carter/Pelosi liberal.

I just don't understand how a person with a concealed and carry permit can be sentenced to life and a murderer walks.......

The honest person gets jail time and the murderer get probation ...............

And .......well..........it just aint right !

Do you ever feel like we're trapped in a political satire movie where reality is never a consideration?

Reality? Haven't you got anything better?

eGG

Buena suerte, amigos

eGG

NRA Life Member

Reality is most liberals are indeed anti-gun. Usually it's the Democratic politicians that bring up bills on gun control.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Reality is most liberals are indeed anti-gun. Usually it's the Democratic politicians that bring up bills on gun control.

Hola, Gunner ~

I do not agree that "most" rank and file liberals are anti-gun. That is the perception, and may be the perception of politicians who listen to the loud-mouth anti-gun groups. The truth is that for most folks elections involve a multitude of important issues. I have just retired from being a union electrician. Nearly all of my co-workers own guns and are very pro-gun, but they all vote for the candidate that is pro-labor regardless of his (or her) position on gun control.

People tend to vote for the candidates that support more issues of importance to that individual than the opposing candidate: pro-labor, pro-environment, pro-choice, pro-job creation, pro-gun, pro-crastinate, etc.

Multiple issues. That is what makes voting so difficult for the thoughtful.

Buena suerte, amigo

eGG

Hola, Gunner ~

I do not agree that "most" rank and file liberals are anti-gun. That is the perception, and may be the perception of politicians who listen to the loud-mouth anti-gun groups. The truth is that for most folks elections involve a multitude of important issues. I have just retired from being a union electrician. Nearly all of my co-workers own guns and are very pro-gun, but they all vote for the candidate that is pro-labor regardless of his (or her) position on gun control.

People tend to vote for the candidates that support more issues of importance to that individual than the opposing candidate: pro-labor, pro-environment, pro-choice, pro-job creation, pro-gun, pro-crastinate, etc.

Multiple issues. That is what makes voting so difficult for the thoughtful.

Buena suerte, amigo

eGG

Buenos días eGG,

Of course you wouldn't agree :) ...but the fact is anti-gun propganda is lead by liberal groups much more than conservative groups.;)

..and that just has to 'pain' you :P

Buenos días eGG,

Of course you wouldn't agree :) ...but the fact is anti-gun propganda is lead by liberal groups much more than conservative groups.;)

..and that just has to 'pain' you :P

It does, my friend, it does!

eGG

Archived