SASS Wire Forum

NCAA Football

Seeing as how the schedule was set a few years back I don't think it has anything to do with big brass ones....its just how the ratings came out.

Oh...and Honey Badger might end up playing at a JUCO someplace when he gets out of rehab in Houston. I hear that Angola State U has some openings :)

(for those not familiar with the penal system in Louisiana....Angola is the location of the state of LA calaboose)

I don't know about that KK, since Saban has taken over at Bama they have consistently played a ranked team within the first two games. This year, Michigan, last year, Penn, year before Penn, year before that Virginia Tech, year before that Clemson, every one of those teams was ranked at the time they played Bama, though they all held a lower ranking afterward. I believe scheduling serious opponents early is part of the Saban game plan.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor has it that Mobile Bay is closed. A man described as Coach, was seen walking on the water there.

It is feared in the scientific community that the water may contain high concentrations of iron or some other metal compounds that would allow a person to WALK ON THE WATERS. Further scientific study is suggested.

I don't know about that KK, since Saban has taken over at Bama they have consistently played a ranked team within the first two games. This year, Michigan, last year, Penn, year before Penn, year before that Virginia Tech, year before that Clemson, every one of those teams was ranked at the time they played Bama, though they all held a lower ranking afterward. I believe scheduling serious opponents early is part of the Saban game plan.

And Saban, being the prognosticator that he is, has access to Carnac the Magnificent's crystal ball and he can tell, years in advance, who the ranked teams are so that he can "schedule serious opponents early" in the season each year? You do know that college football schedules are negotiated several years in advance? There is the oft occasion where one of the whiffy flake teams has to back out due to travel restrictions or some other problem but by and large the SEC football schedules have been set up several years before the actual playing of the games.

And Saban, being the prognosticator that he is, has access to Carnac the Magnificent's crystal ball and he can tell, years in advance, who the ranked teams are so that he can "schedule serious opponents early" in the season each year? You do know that college football schedules are negotiated several years in advance? There is the oft occasion where one of the whiffy flake teams has to back out due to travel restrictions or some other problem but by and large the SEC football schedules have been set up several years before the actual playing of the games.

Come on Kajun, it's a pretty safe bet that the teams Saban picked (Penn, Michigan, VA Tech, and Clemson are going to be ranked. You may not be able to project their ranking for multiples of years, but a couple of years, why not? I would feel safe predicting that all of those teams are going to be ranked in the top twenty five in any given year (Penn State's current situation excepted).

By the same token Murray State, UTEP, North Texas, Jacksonville State, etc. are a pretty safe bet to be easily beaten in any given year.

Come on Kajun, it's a pretty safe bet that the teams Saban picked (Penn, Michigan, VA Tech, and Clemson are going to be ranked. You may not be able to project their ranking for multiples of years, but a couple of years, why not?

I'll just leave this as a lack of believability in your statement! CYA at South River in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Hay Badg!

Slippery Rock: 52 -- Seton Hall: 6!!!

Did they just stake their claim for the National Championship?!?!

Ahem, Capt Bill...

FightON!!!

Hay Badg!

Slippery Rock: 52 -- Seton Hall: 6!!!

Did they just stake their claim for the National Championship?!?!

Ahem, Capt Bill...

FightON!!!

Slippery don't need no steenkin' blue carpet to get national attention. They already are putting the word

Slippery on that crystal football. :lol:

Slippery don't need no steenkin' blue carpet to get national attention. They already are putting the word

Slippery on that crystal football. :lol:

Betcha an Apple Pie...

LOL, Cap'n. Know 'bout trash talkin' all too well. Seems a lot of my friends went to California public undergrad schools, and often give in to their feelings of inferiority, especially around the time of the USC-UCLA game.

And I married into a nest of Cal-Berzerkeley <spit> alumni.

LOL, Cap'n. Know 'bout trash talkin' all too well. Seems a lot of my friends went to California public undergrad schools, and often give in to their feelings of inferiority, especially around the time of the USC-UCLA game.

And I married into a nest of Cal-Berzerkeley <spit> alumni.

Uno, are you familiar with the new word on the Jack in the Box commercial? :lol:

Uno, are you familiar with the new word on the Jack in the Box commercial? :lol:

Don't watch hardly any TV. What new word, pray tell?

Honestly -- 'Bama.

SC didn't show enough of a running game. It'll come, and in spades, but a true #1 needs a multidimensional offense.

Besides, the Trojans thrive on being the underdog. ^_^:rolleyes:

FightON!!!

Yep it sure is. We have a middlin schedule to. Michigan, Arkansas, LSU are the big games, course Michigan got spanked. Missouri and Tennessee could be tough, but not likely.

I've got a will call pass for all the home games, too bad the only good ones are Missouri and Tennessee, except for the Iron Bowl of course. I'll be a couple of rows back on the fifty yard line for that one.

New AP poll out, and the new #1 is..............Alabama. Rooolllll Tiiiiddddee.

I don't know if OU rates the #5 spot, but I'll take it! I didn't get to see any of the games because I was at the NW Regionals match. I did watch several highlights, and Bama looks pretty danged good.

Yep, we had a couple of mistakes by our secondary (hand it to Robinson, he capitalized on both leading to 14 points) but our offensive and defensive lines looked like men among boys. Our QB played well, we're looking really good at RB, and solid at WR. In my somewhat informed opinion our corners and safeties will be the only question marks as we work towards another national championship.

OU looks like they have a pretty good defensive secondary, but have problems on the line, particularly at DE. Your RB is a big question mark (scared of reinjuring that ankle?), you have a really good slot WR (I forget his name), but I'm not sold on Landry Jones. No offense but I think you need a new offensive coordinator. Stoops looks tired too. He reminds me of how the Big Tuna looked walking the sidelines at Dallas. Did I mention I coached HS football? It wears you down, I can't imagine how much worse it must be at the college level. I think Stoops is feeling that.

Whatever happens, thank goodness it's time to play some football!!!!

Did I mention I coached HS football? It wears you down, I can't imagine how much worse it must be at the college level. I think Stoops is feeling that.

Whatever happens, thank goodness it's time to play some football!!!!

Good on you! Yeah, I don't need the pressure that those coaches feel all of the time. That is one reason I never went into Emergency Medicine -- too much pressure and anxiety. I am a ponderer. I like to ponder on things, like why nobody has ever shot BMC yet? :lol:

Somebody was telling me that in an interview, one of the SEC coaches explained that the big schools in the conference no longer look to rebuild when senior graduate. "If you're rebuilding around here you'll find yourself looking for a job. Around here we just reload!"

It seems like the big schools now are more of a business than an athletic program!

New AP poll out, and the new #1 is..............Alabama. Rooolllll Tiiiiddddee.

And it looks like Michigan was O VER A TED.....O VER A TED..... O VER A TED! ^_^

On a serious note, should there really even be ratings till after week 4?

Well, given "Bama's record last year and the start of this season, I guess I will have to say they look tougher than an old buzzards gizzard. Pass the tobasco for some of that crow I been chewing on. But I agree that the ratings don't mean much until October rolls around.

Yep, early ratings are over-rated. If Bama is still at the top after the Arkansas game attention will have to be paid,

Pre-season ratings aren't worth warm spit IMHO. Look at the OU scare. Let's get 3 or 4 games under our belts before we go trash talking. Hell, Squeaky hasn't even got out of his hammock yet.

Lots of action tonight in the Pitt -- Cincy game.

Yep, early ratings are over-rated. If Bama is still at the top after the Arkansas game attention will have to be paid.

But it sure was fun to watch them open up a can of good old fashioned whupa$ on Michigan. It's a good time to be a Bama fan.

Yep CBB....it is a good time to be a Bama fan...and I'm afraid it might be a good time for Bama the rest of the season.

BUT.......did you see the latest development on the Honey Badger situation? He enrolled back at LSU for this semester. He'll have to sit out all of this year but next year he would be eligible for the LSU team....and of course he'll be eligible for the NFL draft as well. Now if the LSU alums can come up with as much money as he would make in the NFL he might be interested in playing for LSU next season. Never can tell about those LSU alum....the manage to get up enough bail money on Sat. mornings so that LSU can field an 11 man team on Sat. games :)

G E A U X T I G E R S

Good to see ya KK! Trash talkin isn't the same without you. Yeah, I saw the news about HB. I hope he can stop puffin and get back to playing, it's a shame to waste that talent.

Are you coming to DHI Saturday? I'll be bringing the wife and one of my sons to shoot. Hope to see you!

Archived