SASS Wire Forum

NCAA Football

So football fans, here's your chance to talk trash and/or make your predictions.

I'll lead off with some predictions for week 1 results for top ten teams (or teams that in my not so humble opinion should be top ten).

Week 1

Alabama beats Michigan (could I predict anything else)

LSU beats North Texas

Oklahoma cruises by UTEP

Texas spanks Wyoming

Florida State crushes Murray (not sure who Murray is, but they're going to lose)

USC beats Hawaii

Georgia beats Buffalo

Oregon beats Arkansas State

Apparently Nick Saban is the only coach with the testicles to lay it on the line in the first week.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So football fans, here's your chance to talk trash and/or make your predictions.

I'll lead off with some predictions for week 1 results for top ten teams (or teams that in my not so humble opinion should be top ten).

Week 1

LSU beats North Texas

Oklahoma cruises by UTEP

Texas spanks Wyoming

Florida State crushes Murray (not sure who Murray is, but they're going to lose)

USC beats Hawaii

Georgia beats Buffalo

Apparently Nick Saban is the only coach with the testicles to lay it on the line in the first week.

Pretty much all given except the first one... you can beat I'll be watching that one... and rooting for the Tide.

Alabama!

Why would a school name their football team after a laundry detergent?

:blink:

:lol::lol:

I believe the reference is to the movement of the oceans due to the moon orbiting the planet, see inexorable, unstoppable, force of nature. Or just ask any LSU fan how hard it is to get to the fifty yard line when the Tide is coming in.

BTW, I have been meaning to ask, is Slippery Rock AAA, or AAAA? :huh:;)

GO MICHIGAN

GO USC

the rest of the teams are just ...blah...... :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Dang Gunner, I feel for you. It's going to be really rough losing your first game of the season to a 'blah' team. Hopefully none of their injuries will be season ending. ;)

At least you've finally got a good coach with Hoke. Now lets see if Denard can stop hanging those floaters out there and getting intercepted.

I think you're about one season away from making a serious run at a championship, conference that is.

Dang Gunner, I feel for you. It's going to be really rough losing your first game of the season to a 'blah' team. Hopefully none of their injuries will be season ending. ;)

At least you've finally got a good coach with Hoke. Now lets see if Denard can stop hanging those floaters out there and getting intercepted.

I think you're about one season away from making a serious run at a championship, conference that is.

Oh well...maybe something is better than nothing.:D

GG

AND JUST WHERE DO YOU WANT THEM TO GO, GUNNER?

BMC...oh BMC...it's a 'cheering them on' thing. Where do I want them to go??? THE WINNERS CIRCLE ;)

GG

I don't much care for any of the little 7, but with Dantonio, Meyer and Hoke the big 3 should all look pretty good this year. I'm actually a little nervous about facing off against Michigan. It will come down to Robinson against our inexperienced secondary, who steps up? I call it Bama 24 Michigan 13.

:FlagAm:

I don't much care for any of the little 7, but with Dantonio, Meyer and Hoke the big 3 should all look pretty good this year. I'm actually a little nervous about facing off against Michigan. It will come down to Robinson against our inexperienced secondary, who steps up? I call it Bama 24 Michigan 13.

^_^ ..Bama 13 Michigan 24.

GG ~

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pWqcNYo21ac

They have a fight song? :blink:

BMC
For the sake of comparison and fairness, I have posted the Slippery Rock fight song......................without further comment. :D

Go Sooners
Go Rock

Tull

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pWqcNYo21ac

BMC

For the sake of comparison and fairness, I have posted the Slippery Rock fight song......................without further comment. :D

Go Sooners

Go Rock

Tull

Strikes fear in yer heart, don't it. :lol: :lol:

Strikes fear in yer heart, don't it. :lol: :lol:

I AM all aquiver ! ! !

Catchy lyrics also

SRU Fight Song

Go Green & White Team

This will be our day

Rock Pride resounding

We will win the Fray

Our team is fighting

Courage to the core

Rock Pride is mounting

S-R-U forever more

ooh Rock....ooh Rock....SRU

ooo Rock....ooh Rock....SRU

GOoooo......Rock

Go Sooner............Go Rock.............

Week 1

LSU beats North Texas

Oklahoma cruises by UTEP

Texas spanks Wyoming

USC beats Hawaii

Georgia beats Buffalo

Local pundits are saying that the Oklahoma cruise you predict may not happen.

Local pundits are saying that the Oklahoma cruise you predict may not happen.

Really! Wow. I don't have a dog in that fight, at least not directly, but pundits think UTEP might beat Oklahoma. :blink:

Of course if it improves Bama's ranking I'm all for it!

Blue Wolf, I'm a very hard core LSU fan since I sold 7 UP in the stadium starting in 1958.

I've always liked the days when the BEAR coached Alabama and Shug Jordan coached Auburn. They had some classic games and I always pulled for them unless my Tigers were involved.

My question is your posting, why does the school have two mascots? They are the only team that I've ever known of that call themselves both the War Eagles and also the Tigers with a Mascot walking around in a Tiger suit.

They have the Eagle fly down before each game and then the mascot Tiger cheers on the crowd. Kind of confusing for those who are of schools (LSU) who have only one mascot and go by one name. I'm serious about the question and it's not intended as a put down. I support all SEC schools even though because of our winning all the different championships we now have schools that want in that have never been considered a southeastern state.I speak of Texas A&M and Missouri. Later Fairshake

PS LSU played the #1 ranked Oregon team last year for it's first game. The reason for the North Texas team start is that the re setup of the SEC schedule due to it's taking on two more teams. By the way they won their division last year and almost upset LSU. The reason that NICK was so good in the BCS is that he out coached MILES by knowing that Miles was going to play Jefferson and not make any changes. Everyone in Baton Rouge is so happy that Jefferson is gone and as was predicted he went undrafted.

• 1 month later...

Btt

Two Weeks!

Looks like the best game on TV the opening Thursday is WA State vs. BYU. Hard to believe college ball is only 2 weeks off. I have to go rouse that prognosticator of pork, Squeaky.

?????

University of Michigan last 5 years: 35-28.

Yep, really big testicles. :blink::wacko:

?????

University of Michigan last 5 years: 35-28.

Yep, really big testicles. :blink::wacko:

Yep almost infinite in size. Let's see:

1. LSU plays North Texas (not ranked)

2. Alabama plays Michigan (#8)

3. USC plays Hawaii (not ranked)

4. Oklahoma plays UTEP (not ranked)

5. Oregon plays Arkansas State (not ranked)

6. Georgia plays Buffalo (not ranked)

7. Florida State plays Murray State (not ranked)

8. See #2 above.

9. South Carolina plays Vanderbilt (not ranked)

10.Arkansas plays Jacksonville State (not ranked)

Not only are these teams not ranked, they're not even close to being ranked, they're pretty much JUCO's with the exception of Vandy and Hawaii.

So yes, Saban seems to be the only coach of a top ten team who's willing to lay it on the line right out of the gate.

So yes, Saban seems to be the only coach of a top ten team who's willing to lay it on the line right out of the gate.

Seeing as how the schedule was set a few years back I don't think it has anything to do with big brass ones....its just how the ratings came out.

Oh...and Honey Badger might end up playing at a JUCO someplace when he gets out of rehab in Houston. I hear that Angola State U has some openings :)

(for those not familiar with the penal system in Louisiana....Angola is the location of the state of LA calaboose)

Blue Wolf, I'm a very hard core LSU fan since I sold 7 UP in the stadium starting in 1958.

I've always liked the days when the BEAR coached Alabama and Shug Jordan coached Auburn. They had some classic games and I always pulled for them unless my Tigers were involved.

My question is your posting, why does the school have two mascots? They are the only team that I've ever known of that call themselves both the War Eagles and also the Tigers with a Mascot walking around in a Tiger suit.

They have the Eagle fly down before each game and then the mascot Tiger cheers on the crowd. Kind of confusing for those who are of schools (LSU) who have only one mascot and go by one name. I'm serious about the question and it's not intended as a put down. I support all SEC schools even though because of our winning all the different championships we now have schools that want in that have never been considered a southeastern state.I speak of Texas A&M and Missouri. Later Fairshake

Wiki Link

Fairshake,

Auburn doesn't have 2 mascots. We are the Tigers. The above link will explain it easier than I can. It's all about tradition.

The SEC could be interesting this year. A lot of new unknowns.

Archived