SASS Wire Forum

Passports

owen judice

You can go on line and get the forms and instructions. Not all post offices have passport offices. The passport office can take your pictures for an huge fee. Or you can go by your local drug store and get the photos make for about $10. You'll need to take several forms of I.D. with you to the passport office. It takes up to a month to get the passport back so don't wait till the last minute or it'll really cost ya. It'll run you over a $100 a piece for the passports for normal processing but they are good for 10 years.

When you travel overseas, guard that passport carefully. Those U.S. passports are like gold to the 3rd world criminals.

A friend told me last night that it takes two months or you can pay extra to expedite.

Just renewed our passports last month, forms online. BlueJeans got her new passport in 3 weeks, mine came 3 days later. Less then 4 weeks.

Also getting passport pictures, seems the ones we got at a photo place that advertised passport pictures, we still had to cut them down, and barely made it with the requirement. MT

Just renewed our passports last month, forms online. BlueJeans got her new passport in 3 weeks, mine came 3 days later. Less then 4 weeks.

Also getting passport pictures, seems the ones we got at a photo place that advertised passport pictures, we still had to cut them down, and barely made it with the requirement. MT

My friend told me that it takes two months for a new passport. I have no idea about a renewal.

eHow.com says six weeks except prior to Spring break which can take longer.

My friend told me that it takes two months for a new passport. I have no idea about a renewal.

eHow.com says six weeks except prior to Spring break which can take longer.

I understand, just that it stated the same timeline for passports to be received on form, not stating seperate for renewal or new one. Had to send same requirements, IDs, etc. for renewal as new. There are also I heard times when there is a slow time and deluge of applications, April till July are very busy times. MT

Calico Cass & I got our passports back in February. Our old ones had expired some years ago. Went to the PO, picked up forms. Was told to apply early, since it "could" take 6 to 8 weeks. We returned in a couple of days with appropriate papers & photos, and had our passports two weeks later.

We had a FINE time in Holland, Belgium & Germany the last two weeks of April!

But for PLANNING purposes, I would believe the 6 to 8 weeks, just to be on the safe side ~ after all, we had our old passports to turn in, and that speeded up the process. Get'er done, and they are good for ten years!

Buena suerte,

eGG

(Dream. Plan. Do!)

Mostly bad information so far. I do Passport Acceptance every day. We are told by the Dept of State to say "less than 4 to 6 weeks". Everyone I talk to says it actually takes 2 to 3 weeks. We charge $15 for a photo because the Dept of State governs oh charges. Walgreens CVS, and other photos are rejected half the time for poor quality and other errors. You get what you pay for. Any questions, email me..

probably find one sooner on some street corner and get it almost immediately....from the same guy making Green Cards, Drivers licenses and other importat documents for anyone with the $$$. :o But don't get caught with one. :blush:

You can't get a new passport on line if it's your first application.

Link

Mostly bad information so far. I do Passport Acceptance every day. We are told by the Dept of State to say "less than 4 to 6 weeks". Everyone I talk to says it actually takes 2 to 3 weeks. We charge $15 for a photo because the Dept of State governs oh charges. Walgreens CVS, and other photos are rejected half the time for poor quality and other errors. You get what you pay for. Any questions, email me..

It is NOT bad info to tell folks to apply early. Waiting until the last minute is a recipe for a vacation disaster. And getting it done early is one less thing to worry about.

And you might as well have a valid passport on hand, in case that bank job you are planning goes awry!:lol:

Buena suerte,

eGG

• 4 weeks later...

It is NOT bad info to tell folks to apply early. Waiting until the last minute is a recipe for a vacation disaster. And getting it done early is one less thing to worry about.

And you might as well have a valid passport on hand, in case that bank job you are planning goes awry!:lol:

Buena suerte,

eGG

Mine took 27 days.

Owen,

You can get them at the main post office in Tyler. Go early because he only does so many each day. Don't know how long it takes to get them back but they do have an expedited option at additional cost. A photo ID and a birth certificate should be all that is needed. You might want to call ahead to confirm this.

Have fun,

Blackfoot

You will need a long-form birth certificate, not the little card that some states issue. Remember, you're not just proving identity, you're also proving citizenship. Also remember that the government is under no obligation to issue a passport.

+1 on the photo thing. At least go to a place like JC Penny's (guess the still make them)because if you photos get rejected it just adds more work to the whole process. It took about 3 weeks to get my last one, the one before that the company I work for expeditied it so it came quick...

The post office may be the best for you. You will have to go to the main post office I beleive. In my city I go the County Recorders Office and they process the application. What is funny though is that I worked for the County Clerk's Office for 24 years and part of the time we processed Passport applications. I must have done well over 500 of them over the years. Make sure you apply at least six months before you leave as the State Department issues them and they do get busy.

Archived