SASS Wire Forum

Lend a Cowboy Hand? Anyone?

Misty Moonshine

Alright, any of you fine folks that are coming to END of TRAIL, there are a group of shooters traveling from New Zealand that need some help with guns and ammo for the match!

I received this email from Kiwi Witch Doctor only minutes ago:

Hi Misty,

How is the preparation for EOT going, good I hope , there may be something that you may be able to help us with hopefully.

There are four of us and we have a guy lending us guns, but found out the other day that he has 2 pistols a rifle and shotgun, I think this will be to much of a rush for 4 shooters, do you know anyone over there that we could hire guns off, We would need 2 pistols 5.5 inch in .38 cal rifle in the same cal and ammo for these and double barrel shotgun we have the ammo for the SG,I would also like to do the wild bunch as well but this is not a major, we will have all our own leather, Over here I do the long range as well but this may be a big ask.

Any help you could give would be great.

Many thanks Bob (aka)Kiwi Witch Doctor.

Bob Mc Donald

Health 2000 Ashburton ltd

The Arcade Ashburton 7700

Ph 03 308 1815 w

021 525 347 m

Is there anyone coming to EOT that might have an extra set (or two?) there are 4 of them!

Please, get in touch with Kiwi Witch Doctor and lets help make these guys EOT experience one they'll never forget, with their American counterparts lending a helping hand!

Im going to offer them my .38 Vaqueros, and my SxS shotgun- but my rifle is...well...not cooperating. I wouldnt wish that on anyone! :)

Anyone else in?

How about Ammunition help?

(And, lets be clear- they offered to "hire"...BUT- lets give 'em the "good guy" price. They'll be welcome to my guns for nothin', but I can certainly see how a lost brass match would require some money recuperated!?)

Kiwi Witch Doctor's email address is: h2k11@xtra.co.nz

Misty Moonshine

Alright, any of you fine folks that are coming to END of TRAIL, there are a group of shooters traveling from New Zealand that need some help with guns and ammo for the match!

I received this email from Kiwi Witch Doctor only minutes ago:

Hi Misty,

How is the preparation for EOT going, good I hope , there may be something that you may be able to help us with hopefully.

There are four of us and we have a guy lending us guns, but found out the other day that he has 2 pistols a rifle and shotgun, I think this will be to much of a rush for 4 shooters, do you know anyone over there that we could hire guns off, We would need 2 pistols 5.5 inch in .38 cal rifle in the same cal and ammo for these and double barrel shotgun we have the ammo for the SG,I would also like to do the wild bunch as well but this is not a major, we will have all our own leather, Over here I do the long range as well but this may be a big ask.

Any help you could give would be great.

Many thanks Bob (aka)Kiwi Witch Doctor.

Bob Mc Donald

Health 2000 Ashburton ltd

The Arcade Ashburton 7700

Ph 03 308 1815 w

021 525 347 m

Is there anyone coming to EOT that might have an extra set (or two?) there are 4 of them!

Please, get in touch with Kiwi Witch Doctor and lets help make these guys EOT experience one they'll never forget, with their American counterparts lending a helping hand!

Im going to offer them my .38 Vaqueros, and my SxS shotgun- but my rifle is...well...not cooperating. I wouldnt wish that on anyone! :)

Anyone else in?

How about Ammunition help?

(And, lets be clear- they offered to "hire"...BUT- lets give 'em the "good guy" price. They'll be welcome to my guns for nothin', but I can certainly see how a lost brass match would require some money recuperated!?)

Kiwi Witch Doctor's email address is: h2k11@xtra.co.nz

Misty Moonshine

Hi Misty,

I have a pair of colt clone .38's and some ammo I can cough up and Ol#4 has a Browning BSS that he said he wouldn't mind letting some pards borrow to get them through EOT. Big Iron Buster said he would haul them down to EOT for us. Between Big Iron Buster and myself we could probably come up with about 350 rounds of .38 so maybe somebody else might be able to help if they want to do side matches.

Boothill

Hi Misty,

I have a pair of colt clone .38's and some ammo I can cough up and Ol#4 has a Browning BSS that he said he wouldn't mind letting some pards borrow to get them through EOT. Big Iron Buster said he would haul them down to EOT for us. Between Big Iron Buster and myself we could probably come up with about 350 rounds of .38 so maybe somebody else might be able to help if they want to do side matches.

Boothill

That would be FANTASTIC! Can you get in touch with Kiwi Witch Doctor directly, or would you like for me to forward this offer and your contact information to him?

Let me know, and THANKS!

Misty

Misty,

I will send a BSS for one, if they need another let me know.

I can spare another if needed,

Sorry about no help with 38's But we stick with real Colts and Winchester calibers.

Any of them shoot BP?

Ol' #4

That would be FANTASTIC! Can you get in touch with Kiwi Witch Doctor directly, or would you like for me to forward this offer and your contact information to him?

Let me know, and THANKS!

Misty

Hi Misty,

I sent him an e-mail and cc'd you just in case something gets lost in the translation.

Boothill

I've never seen any level of match where someone, vet or newcomer didn't end up with all the guns, leather and ammo they needed. Ammo usually was freely given. It happened to me in 2005 the first SASS match that I showed up at, and I've helped locally since. It's the "real" Spirit of the Game.

Cherokee Slim

70 years ago, members of my father's generation were unintended guests of the New Zealanders and the Aussies out of necessity. They were greeted and welcomed with a warmth, kindness, hospitality, and generousity that spawned friendships and pleasant memories that last to this day. The way I figure, putting up a set of guns and some ammo for some pards from that neck of the woods is a pittance of a small price to pay for a debt of gratitude owed towards a country who welcomed a bunch of Yanks with open arms.

Boothill Bandit

MGySgt USMC(ret)

1975-2006

70 years ago, members of my father's generation were unintended guests of the New Zealanders and the Aussies out of necessity. They were greeted and welcomed with a warmth, kindness, hospitality, and generousity that spawned friendships and pleasant memories that last to this day. The way I figure, putting up a set of guns and some ammo for some pards from that neck of the woods is a pittance of a small price to pay for a debt of gratitude owed towards a country who welcomed a bunch of Yanks with open arms.

Boothill Bandit

MGySgt USMC(ret)

1975-2006

Well said, especially with Memorial Day coming up.

I have a set of 5.5" USFA's and a short stroked 66, both in 38. Have many shotguns and will losn what is needed. I will also bring enough ammo for them.

Misty, if you would transferr my contact info to those that need, I'll be glade to help.

Thanks,

Johnny Meadows

johnnymeadows55@yahoo.com

WOW! Everyone has been amazing, and I expected nothing less. :wub:

Kiwi Witch Doctor called me from New Zealand yesterday- he was literally overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity that flooded his inbox.

Kudos to all of you who offered help. THIS is what makes SASS stand apart from all the other shooting sports, truly. You simply cant find better people.

And now, for the coordination!

To try and help ease communications and transfers to and from, The SASS Admin office located in the Copper Queen will be the central drop off and pick up location for our New Zealand friends. Anyone whos offered help with guns or ammunition, please drop it off there for them. This will also be the location they will return the items to for pickup by the kind folks who lent a hand.

Lots of "warm fuzzies" for this one, ya'll.

Best,

Misty Moonshine

WOW! Everyone has been amazing, and I expected nothing less. :wub:

Thanks Misty, I'll drop the goods off Tuesday the 19th. I told Kiwi Witch Doctor I'll be bring 350-400 rounds of 38, 2 sets of 38 cal pistols 5.5", a BSS SxS shotgun, and possibly a Marlin or 73 rifle in 38 cal.

Big Iron Buster

Kiwi Witch Doctor called me from New Zealand yesterday- he was literally overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity that flooded his inbox.

Kudos to all of you who offered help. THIS is what makes SASS stand apart from all the other shooting sports, truly. You simply cant find better people.

And now, for the coordination!

To try and help ease communications and transfers to and from, The SASS Admin office located in the Copper Queen will be the central drop off and pick up location for our New Zealand friends. Anyone whos offered help with guns or ammunition, please drop it off there for them. This will also be the location they will return the items to for pickup by the kind folks who lent a hand.

Lots of "warm fuzzies" for this one, ya'll.

Best,

Misty Moonshine

Once I finish with the Wild Bunch, all of my 97s (I am bringing two) will be available for use. I also have a Marlin rifle in .45 cal. that I won't be needing to use but can bring, and I have two Old Model Vaqueros in .45 cal. that I will bring. I have three gunbelts that will work. I don't have a lot of shotgun belts or slides though. Anyway I will bring these and enough ammo to run them. I should be there by Friday the 15th. I will check with the Copper Queen when I get there.

Once I finish with the Wild Bunch, all of my 97s (I am bringing two) will be available for use. I also have a Marlin rifle in .45 cal. that I won't be needing to use but can bring, and I have two Old Model Vaqueros in .45 cal. that I will bring. I have three gunbelts that will work. I don't have a lot of shotgun belts or slides though. Anyway I will bring these and enough ammo to run them. I should be there by Friday the 15th. I will check with the Copper Queen when I get there.

Hi Dave

This will be great as we are bit short or WB gear, I will get in touch when we get over there.

Many thanks WD

I have a set of 5.5" USFA's and a short stroked 66, both in 38. Have many shotguns and will losn what is needed. I will also bring enough ammo for them.

Misty, if you would transferr my contact info to those that need, I'll be glade to help.

Thanks,

Johnny Meadows

johnnymeadows55@yahoo.com

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for this, yes we will borrow your guns if that's ok,I will get in touch when we get over there.

Many thanks WD

Kiwi Witch Doctor..........

I do ammo for those other guys from across the pond......Constable Nelson and his crew.......... :rolleyes:

would be glad to run some extra off if you need some.....38 spc with 105 gr ....

Let me know how much you need......

regards........Wolf

435-669-3221

Sttarrwolf@aol.com

Kiwi.. I'd have a serious look at sourcing ammo through Wolf Wind Walker...

I've just shot another match (Louisiana State!) with his 38 loads and it's quality stuff!!

Kiwi Witch Doctor..........

I do ammo for those other guys from across the pond......Constable Nelson and his crew.......... :rolleyes:

would be glad to run some extra off if you need some.....38 spc with 105 gr ....

Let me know how much you need......

regards........Wolf

435-669-3221

Sttarrwolf@aol.com

Hi Wolf

I think we are ok but some xtra will be great how about 250 rounds of 38 spc .

Thanks WD

Archived