SASS Wire Forum

2012 Texas State Championship

Phantom, SASS #54973

Congrats to ALL the folks that played in Cleburne this past weekend!

Everyone tried to do their best...some did...some didn't...but they were all there to try and do the best they could do.

Those of us that were fortunate enough to have a good match must remember that winning a buckle doesn't make one "Better". The true joy is seeing folks like Buckeye Slim shoot his first "Big" match...or Cajun Queen rip down them pistol KD's...and I think she shot her last 8 stages CLEAN!!!! Or getting a hug from Buffy Lo Gal!!!!...and Rocky too!!!!!!

There is a lot of joy out on the range that sometimes gets lost in the kaos of trying to win a Championship...cheers to all those that experienced some personal triumph this weekend.

Phantom

:FlagAm:

:lol: That's cuz he's a bunch better in the company of people with guns! B) Congrats on your win, Phantom. I just looked at the scores and you smoked all the adult targets. ;) Way to go!

Phantom, I couldn't have said it any better myself! It was a load of fun shooting with you this weekend! I knew there wasn't a buckle for me, but I had little victories here and there just trying to improve my game.. And you sure can't beat Queen's enthusiasm! Now there's a lady having a great time with a great attitude! Hope to shoot with you again :)

I would like to express my appreciation for your message. I accept it on behalf of Everyone Else.

Actually, I may be considering that as a new alias. :blush:

Phantom,

As always it was a pleasure shooting with you. We had a great posse, and yes the excitement of Cajun Queen is very contagious. She always has the same attitude and excitement at our local shoots. And if you think she gets excited by a clean stage, you ought to see her when she gets a clean match!! I did not get in the top three of my category, but i did get a buckle, and it was my 1st ever in 10 years. Great statges, and well run!

Capt. Stephen D. Hill B)

Phantom,

As always it was a pleasure shooting with you. We had a great posse, and yes the excitement of Cajun Queen is very contagious. She always has the same attitude and excitement at our local shoots. And if you think she gets excited by a clean stage, you ought to see her when she gets a clean match!! I did not get in the top three of my category, but i did get a buckle, and it was my 1st ever in 10 years. Great statges, and well run!

Capt. Stephen D. Hill B)

Congrats Capt!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Phantom. I can tell that TEXAS is beginning to rub off on you. :) Good to see ya and best of luck.

Ghost

I appreciate what you had to say Phantom, and Congrats on your good

match. I heard ya'll had a great posse, and yes, Cajun Queen can

get excited and it sure is fun shooting with her at our local shoots.

.......crosscut

Everyone tried to do their best...some did...some didn't...but they were all there to try and do the best they could do.

Those of us that were fortunate enough to have a good match must remember that winning a buckle doesn't make one "Better". The true joy is seeing folks like Buckeye Slim shoot his first "Big" match...or Cajun Queen rip down them pistol KD's...and I think she shot her last 8 stages CLEAN!!!! Or getting a hug from Buffy Lo Gal!!!!...and Rocky too!!!!!!

There is a lot of joy out on the range that sometimes gets lost in the kaos of trying to win a Championship...cheers to all those that experienced some personal triumph this weekend.

Phantom

Phantom, this was the first time to have the honor of shooting with you! Thanks for being my great supporter....I get excited when I shoot a clean stage. And by picking ya should tell ya I like ya Sha'. Hope to have the honor of shooting with ya in the future......thanks a bunch from my cajun heart..XO

Phantom

+1 + 1 +1+ 1+ 1

Phantom, I couldn't have said it any better myself! It was a load of fun shooting with you this weekend! I knew there wasn't a buckle for me, but I had little victories here and there just trying to improve my game.. And you sure can't beat Queen's enthusiasm! Now there's a lady having a great time with a great attitude! Hope to shoot with you again :)

It's the little things we experience out on the Range that truly stick with us...so glad to have had the opportunity to shoot with Posse 3...and I'm sure others feel the same way about their experiences on their posses.

Cheers!!!

Phantom

It's the little things we experience out on the Range that truly stick with us...so glad to have had the opportunity to shoot with Posse 3...and I'm sure others feel the same way about their experiences on their posses.

Cheers!!!

Phantom

Yeah it really was a good posse! Your "student" did really well for his first big shoot too. Kudos to you for bringing, teaching, and coaching another fine Cowboy! See ya soon!! :FlagAm:B)

There is a lot of joy out on the range that sometimes gets lost in the chaos of trying to win a Championship...cheers to all those that experienced some personal triumph this weekend.

Phantom

:FlagmAn:

I think Phantom said a lot more here then generally thought about, or written about. Large matches are also a lot more then the buckle winners, and Champions. And Phantom took a moment to remember and give credit to those that also play the game and don't walk home with a Buckle, but support the matches because they enjoy shooting, and the experience. Its also these shooters that make, and keep matches going and sellout the applications.

Phantom, my hat is off to you, I have never in all my years, seen credit given to the folks that make a CAS match work and never whimper because they weren't buckle holders going home. This is truly the "Cowboy Spirit" and I commend you for the recognition you have given. MT

Archived