SASS Wire Forum

Tin Star Ranch Christmas Shoot

Ghost, SASS #50125

The Ghosts will be shooting the Tin Star Christmas Match this weekend. We are renting the ranch house on the corner where we will celebrate our family Christmas with Lady Barber, Straight Razor, Ol'Lefty Blue Eyes, and Duke of Aviation. We invite you to drop in Friday night for a cup of coffee or a cup of egg nog. Here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas in advance and happy shooting!

The Ghosts

The Ghosts will be shooting the Tin Star Christmas Match this weekend. We are renting the ranch house on the corner where we will celebrate our family Christmas with Lady Barber, Straight Razor, Ol'Lefty Blue Eyes, and Duke of Aviation. We invite you to drop in Friday night for a cup of coffee or a cup of egg nog. Here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas in advance and happy shooting!

The Ghosts

Are ya gonna spike that egg nog? :D

See ya there,

Oklahoma Dee

Are ya gonna spike that egg nog? :D

See ya there,

Oklahoma Dee

Single Barrel Select?

See ya.

Ghost

Wish I could make it <_< Never been, just too far, wrong time of year. :angry:

Merry Christmas Jack and Happy Heart.

The Ghosts

We're leaving out in the morning. It'll be our first time there, looking forward to it. Can't wait to see all of ya'll again, signed up as classic cowboy, cause I'm getting hooked on it...!

Well dang Rick, between you, me and Ghost we got ourselves enough shooters for a trophy now. Looking forward to seeing you in the Classic Cowboy style again. I am staying out at the range, so I will see you around.

I will see you Friday at the night shoot. I loaded up some special black powder flame thrower loads to light up the night. Kit and I have been in town since Tuesday doing the tourist thing.

Chula Kat won ladies gunfighter and... Overall women's Champion....! And I Reckon won 49r and men's overall champion...!

Congrats Chula!Oh how I envy your ride home, Rick.

Congrats Chula!Oh how I envy your ride home, Rick.

Oh his ride home wasn't that bad--he won Classic Cowboy, which was saying a lot given as many as we had there. Congrats Rick.

If you have never been there, Tin Star Ranch is a wonderful Cowboy Action shooting venue with an Alamo, a Western town, and some open stages as well. The owners are great people with a warm heart and a welcoming attitude. The banquet Saturday night was the first one I had been to, and it ran smooth and had some good singing entertainment. This shoot was a great improvement over last year, and I hope they continue to do well..

We had beautiful shooting weather on Saturday, and it was just miserable on Sunday with rain, wind, and cold, but when we all assembled in the big saloon for the awards ceremony we had the shared knowledge that we had overcome the elements and enjoyed some great shooting and camaraderie.

It was Great Fun!!!

What Rain?? I did'nt even notice till the shootin wuz dun.......

Posse One was Awesome, Thanks Okla Dee & KC... Ya'll are the Best!

And Thanks to Mickie and everyone that keeps Tin Star at the top of my always want to Go To list.

It was Great Fun!!!

What Rain?? I did'nt even notice till the shootin wuz dun.......

Posse One was Awesome, Thanks Okla Dee & KC... Ya'll are the Best!

And Thanks to Mickie and everyone that keeps Tin Star at the top of my always want to Go To list.

Thanks to Oklahoma Dee and his wife KC, they are great people and were great fun to shoot with. This was only my third match to shoot, and I will definately go back to all of their matches I can make. A big thanks to Silver Sam and Ok Dee for helping me along in the shoot. This is a great venue to shoot at, owners are really nice people who seemed to go out of their way to make sure everybody had a good time.

For those who haven't seen what Tin Star Ranch looks like here is a little bit of it. I should of taken more video

Colt, Thanks so much for posting the video. It really shows the nice shooting facility at Tin Star Ranch. The meals at the Longhorn Saloon are indeed enjoyable inside, with the western decor. The long oak bar and saloon tables make you feel like you just got into town, off the range, and ready for a cold drink, a hot meal and a hot bath in one of the rooms upstairs or one of the Cabin B & Bs available.

It is nice to have so many covered stages and real restrooms in the Longhorn Saloon, which is also heated and air-conditioned so one can get relief, if needed.

The owners work very hard to make your stay enjoyable. Whether it is a night away from it all, a monthly Tin Star Texican shoot or a big SASS Cowboy Shooting event. I hope other shooters will visit and enjoy the premises.

Col. Callan, Mickey, and Tin Star Lilly did a great job organizing the recent Christmas Shoot. The Volunteer Helpers were amazing! I look forward to "Resurrection VI" April 27 - 29th, 2012.

For those who haven't seen what Tin Star Ranch looks like here is a little bit of it. I should of taken more video

Great video Colt! I hope to make it there sometime next year.

Thanks to Posse 4 for being a great posse.

Congratulations to: I Reckon-1st Place 49'er and Top Man Overall-Posse 4

Long Ranger Rick-1st Place CLASSIC COWBOY ---Posse 4

Bootstrap-2nd Place CLASSIC COWBOY-----------Posse 4

Cherokee Jones-1st Place Elder Stateman------Posse 4

Lady Barber-1st Place Cowgirl----------------Posse 4

Lady Ghost-1st Place Lady Silver Senior------Posse 4

Blind Bob suggested that I get new CO2 cartridges for my pistols and rifle! ( :blush: I was shooting some bad ammo)

Bootstrap said that he had never seen a bullet "curve ball" before. ( :blush: Me neither)

A spotter said that having to wait to see if the bullet made it to the target after the shot was confusing his round count. ( :blush: Me too.)

And....Who ever keeps choosing the Ghost as "Best Dressed" I don't know...It's what I wear all the time, even through it was a little wet! But, Thanks. :blush:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Ghost

Archived