SASS Wire Forum

Who reads the shooters stage description book

Blastmaster

Great!!!

Everyone so far that has posted gets an A++++++...

Now, ya think the person to the left and the person to the right and the person behind ya have read the shooters book as well as all you when it is read during the stage reading. :lol: Perhaps a good percentile has,,,, but then maybe not..... Why you ask? Well, if they had studied the scenerios as well as all that has posted, then the percentile of P's from a different type of sweep wouldn't be so high. Just a therory...... and,,,,,, just saying. :rolleyes:

Blastmaster

How come I get a P on the stages I wrote!!??? :D :D

I've heard that there are shooters who set up the entire stage and dry fire practice each stage the night/days before. Yeah, as if that's going to help.... :lol:

I even heard tell there's some even do it with a timer until they get their times below a set par time :lol: Whoa are they dreaming or what? :D

Sickos need to chill out and quit taking this GAME so seriously, right? ;)

I don't always. I used to until I figured out that I can't remember more than one stage at a time anyway. Even when I'm shooting, once the posse has finished a stage, I pull the handle and flush it. Next!

If I try to analyze stages in advance and there is something funky, it just serves to freak me out. Not reading it does not prevent me from knowing about funky stages though because someone, typically Sugah (who does read them), will tell me of anything that I need to be on the lookout for. If someone points out something funky, I will at that point take a look. Somewhere in the mix another gunfighter will typically tell me of split pistol stages or movement with pistols, etc.

What I will do is walk the range and look at target placement. I like to know the size and distance I'll be facing, especially for pistols.

I've heard that there are shooters who set up the entire stage and dry fire practice each stage the night/days before. Yeah, as if that's going to help.... :lol:

I even heard tell there's some even do it with a timer until they get their times below a set par time :lol: Whoa are they dreaming or what? :D

;

Ya talking about Gateway? :rolleyes:

;

Ya talking about Gateway? :rolleyes:

:lol: I bet he's sure I was talking about you! Buncha west slope gamers....

depends on who the posse marshal is. if i know them and know they do a good job on reading the stage as written and then answering any questions then chances are i won't spend the time to read it. i WILL try to read along during the description though. but if the posse marshal is an unknown or if I am the posse marshal then sure, i will spend the time.

cbj

Hey I find it very relaxing to show up on the range at 2 in the morning and do a couple hours of "personal walk thru" :lol: . Doesn't everybody?

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway (who learned from Blastmaster) Kid :)

I do, if they're available. As a fairly new shooter unfamiliar progressions tend to slow me down. Getting a chance to see them and think about them helps me get my brain around them so I won't forget them in the middle of a stage. I've even been known to ask if they are available before a match. Some MDs respond positively, and some have been a liitle, shall we say, abrupt. If I see familiar stuff like a Nevada or a progressive sweep, I don't give the stage much more thought until I'm there.

I do wonder why some choose to keep stage designs secret until the last minute though, obviously some people who are shooting the match know well in advance what's coming. Why not let everyone have that opportunity?

depends on who the posse marshal is. if i know them and know they do a good job on reading the stage as written and then answering any questions then chances are i won't spend the time to read it. i WILL try to read along during the description though. but if the posse marshal is an unknown or if I am the posse marshal then sure, i will spend the time.

cbj

Knowing who your posse marshal was at the Nevada State Championships, you must have studied HARD the night before.

I read the book, I also walk the stages ahead of time if possible.

Mostly I'm looking to see if there is a pitfall or area that is going to suprise a shooter. I also look to see whats the fastest and or easyist way to get threw the stage.

I usually write notes in the book to help me remember the plan for each stage.

Most rank point matches have at least one stage that is a do or die type stage, its best to have an idea on where to go fast and where to hold back...

3GC

Guest diablo slim shootist

Since I can't read, I always search out someone who can and have them read them too me. :D :D

I just read them to Marader-then he can tell me how to shoot the darn thing

Well I would if I could find my reading glasses :P;)

Yup

I read the book and make notes and diagrams of the movement required. Helps me translate the directions to fit my brain.

Wif :D

Archived